Car crash in Jan 06 nothing sorted yet

aislingkelly

Hi everybody, Im just looking for a few comments on this situation.
Right I was sitting at a red traffic light on Jan 15th 2006 in my own car but my boyfriend was driving,two cars on the road we were going through collided and one of the cars was blown straight into us while parked at the red light. My poor car was a write off and I ended up with severe whiplash and in a neck brace for 3months, fractured my skull and broke my nose, stayed in hospital for 3nights and still having on-going physical therepy. Now we didnt actually see who was wrong but it was so obvious from the way the cars landed who caused it,the garda on the scene even said who was wrong.None of the fellas will take liability so still nothing has been sorted out for me.I have ended up having to get another loan from the bank to get new car and am still paying for the old one which is not very fair.I will be having a claim go into PIAB and have issued a motion to the two fellas involved but have got no responce from either of them yet.What should I do.

From experience, first and foremost get a solicitor. Obviously a reputable one and not one of these "have you had an accident?" ones. He/She may be able to get the insurance companies in question to 'split' your claim, where they would pay immediately the market price of your vehicle and allow the rest of your claim (medical fees etc) to pass through the courts or the PIAB. As long as the Gardai have filed a report exonerating you from being involved as the cause or even partly to blame there is very little the insurance companies or the others involved can do about it.

Why did you have to get another bank loan - did your insurance not cover your own car?. If there are no witnesses and both parties deny liability - it sounds like it will go to MIBI and you will have to take your case with them. There is no way your case will settle in under a year - despite what PIAB claim, in fact if it is an MIBI case then it becomes a courts issue afaik. If you have ongoing disability you will have to be assessed at 6 months, 1 year, 18 months etc until you get the all clear.

Ney001 I got another bank loan instead of claiming on my insurance,i dont want to loose my no claims bonus for an accident that wasnt my fault,It does look like it will have to go to court at this stage,what is MIBI?
Mez I have a good solicitor but he's very slow but i know when it comes down to it he will sort it its just trying to get him to hurry it up is the question.Also Im not sure if Gardi had that filed or not.The garda on the scene said im totally not at fault so i presume its filed.also there was statement made by every1 and nobody blamed me at all.

Back