Car hire from Manchester airport ?

R

rabbit

Hi,
I have to hire a car from Manchester airport for a few days in mid-August. Anyone got any experience on the advisability or otherwise of pre-booking a car versus turning up and just hiring one? Are there many car hire companies there who may be cheaper on price / always have a car available I wonder ?

I hired a car from Liverpool airport last week. Booked it in advance with Hertz. It cost me 68 euro for 3 days (Ford Mondeo) and they were fine to deal with.

I'd book in advance; much easier and Hertz were fine in Manchester. EasyCar were cheaper but I think didn't (at the time anyway) have airport pickup. they may have now.

Yep, I'd give Hertz out of Manchester a vote of confidence too....with one caveat, I booked online and ticked the option for their portable GPS system (Neverlost). Picked up my keys at the Hertz desk downstairs, got up to the collections floor (top of multistorey car park) and they didn't know anything about the Neverlost system....back down to the desk to be told this was a known problem with their online reservation system. This was January of this year, maybe its fixed now!

the hubby has used these [broken link removed] several times and have always found them to be cheapest.

Back