Ongar, Dublin 15?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voda

We are thinking of moving to a house in Ongar. We have viewed one which we really like.
We live near there as it is and like the village, but are wondering is there anything we should be aware of, e.g. noise, crime?
Also I heard that the soundproofing in some parts of Ongar isn't great? Anyone any comments - they'd be much appreciated...

My friend lives in Ongar and she has no problem in relation to sounds travelling from next door. I think there were fears about this due to the fact that it was one of the first large scale developments built using timber frames. The only complaint she has is that there is no pub open yet! Other then that the village is well serviced (as you know) with cafe, Dunnes, Extra-vision, Dominos, chemist, hairdresser, etc.

Thanks Brodiebabe,
we're also wondering about maintenance fees. Does anyone know if they're rising at the phenomonal rate in Ongar that they seem to be everywhere else?
(As far as I can see, these fees are the same as flushing your money down the toilet...)

When my friend bought in the first phase in Ongar they were about €130 per room in her house. Her fee was about 400 euro at the time for a 3 bed house. They would be more for an apartment as they would include block insurance, etc. Not too sure what they are now. I know someone who pays 1,300 euro for a two bed in Tyrrelstown.

The cost of the maintenance depends what area of ongar u live in and if u live in a house or apartment. i pay €190 a yr in a 3 bed hse in ongar green. i know someone that pays 500 odd for a 3 bed hse in ongar park. the apartments and duplexs are dearer can be up to €1200 a yr. As far as the noise levels go i never had a problem in over 2 yrs never hear a sound from neighbours either side and im in a terrace it was a pleasent surprise as i expected a terrace to be a problem. I cant speak for the apartments but i assume they are not as quiet as you have neighbours on all sides.

Thanks for that cmtaz, am new to this and couldn't see any threads on Ongar before.

Was just on to our estate agent, but we didn't mention we were thinking of Ongar. Out of the blue, he mentioned that all of the investors he has won't touch Ongar because of the high amount of renters, i.e. low number of owner occupiers. This is sth I'd be concerned about...
Where I am at the moment, almost all problems have been due to renters who don't give a crap about the place they live in.
Anyone any views?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back