Hogging sun loungers aarrgghhh!!!

sparkeydyog

Has anyone been on a family sun holiday anywhere warm where people DO NOT put their towels on the sun loungers at the crack of dawn to hold them. This drives my husband and myseld insane, and I am not talking about Germans here its Irish and British. We were in Menorca and people were out at 6am to do this, I even saw one man (Irish) asleep on one of the loungers at this time. When I am on holiday I want to get up whenever I want to and go to the pool and be able to get a sun lounger in a spot to my liking. Am I asking for too much after paying the best part of €3K for a family holiday.

why don't you just take the towel off the sunlounger?? It's not as if it is being used when you arrive at the pool.. Similarly I detest people who 'keep' a table in a cafe while someone else goes and gets the food.

Was talking to a German colleague while over in Germany two weeks ago and he said his parents go out and put towels on the sun loungers at 6 in the morning. He said once or twice when they come down later in the day they found their towels with all the rest that had been left out early in the pool.
The colleague didn't buy in the German mentality of going on a two-week do-nothing by the beach sun holiday and was aware that his nation had a reputation for leaving towels on sun loungers.

tallpaul said:
why don't you just take the towel off the sunlounger??
Apparently the best course of action is to remove the towel AND move the sunlounger to a new location - that way they can't tell who took their towel off! ;)

ask the rep to ask management to remove the towels and keep them behind the bar. that way its the hotel/apartments who are managing the pool area as they should do . surprised that you actually found an aparment/hotel where the longers are still free. normally their is a ( somtimes not so nominal) charge for loungers. Stops the towel brigade though.

On holiday recently, they had a stated policy that any lounger left unattended would have the towel removed after 30 mins.

the bit about the man asleep reminded me of a holiday on Rhodes few years ago. we met a couple who didnt really like the heat ( Rhodes?) that much , sunbathed from approx 6am till 11am, went to bed at 12 noon, got up at 6, partied all night, and back to the routine of sunbathing at 6am. Admit I was a bit jealous of their routine.

Back