Copperfield, Stocking Avenue, Rathfarnham

loughquinn said:
You can register [broken link removed] to be informed of launch.

Yeah I have done that but havent received an email back so wondered if there was a date or will it be 2 years time considering its a 10 year development.

I too have registered but have yet to hear anything back. Does anyone have any idea though of pricing of apartments?

Jada said:
I too have registered but have yet to hear anything back. Does anyone have any idea though of pricing of apartments?

Well considering the apartments in Boden Heath were priced at the following
1 Bed Apartments c.510 – 535sq.ft / 47.5 – 50sq.m From €335,000
2 Bed Apartments c.730 – 830 sq.ft / 68 – 77sq.m From €435,000
3 Bed Apartments c.910sq.ft / 84.5sq.m From €510,000

I would say they will be a lot more by the time they are launched. On the planning permission they have stated that it is a 10 year development consisting of the following apartments. Its a pity they arent sending a general reply when people register to inform us of the time frame.

414 no. apartment units in 35 no. three storey blocks (70 no. 3 bed duplex units over 70 no. two bedroom ground floor apartments, 274 no. 2 bed apartments).

Was on the mailling list for this development and got a letter today re launch next week.

2 bed apartments (750-800 sq. ft) from €410,000
3 bed houses (1,000 sq. ft) from €595,000
4 bed houses (1,310 sq. ft) from €690,000

On the original website (stockingavenue.ie) they were called 'Copperfield' Stocking Avenue, Rathfarnham, but they now seem to be called 'Stocking Wood', Stocking Avenue, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16.

Think I found the planning application on the SDCC website, I'm just trying to work out exactly where they are, does anyone know, is the entrance on Stocking Lane?

I have to say the prices are a little less than I had imagined they were going to be but I presume that's to do with things slowing down a bit recently. Of course it could be a case of the usual there are only a few houses at the above price and they gauge demand and price the rest up a bit.

Was on the mailling list for this development and got a letter today re launch next week.

2 bed apartments (750-800 sq. ft) from €410,000
3 bed houses (1,000 sq. ft) from €595,000
4 bed houses (1,310 sq. ft) from €690,000

On the original website (stockingavenue.ie) they were called 'Copperfield' Stocking Avenue, Rathfarnham, but they now seem to be called 'Stocking Wood', Stocking Avenue, Rathfarnham, Dublin 16.

Think I found the planning application on the SDCC website, I'm just trying to work out exactly where they are, does anyone know, is the entrance on Stocking Lane?

I have to say the prices are a little less than I had imagined they were going to be but I presume that's to do with things slowing down a bit recently. Of course it could be a case of the usual there are only a few houses at the above price and they gauge demand and price the rest up a bit.

I found the plans and the houses. The kitchens are to the front of the house and there dont appear to be any front gardens for the 3 beds. The 3 beds also appear to be all terraced.

The prices are reasonable but when you consider that you can buy a 3 bed with a front garden, back garden and off street parking in Boden Park for €565 + stamp = €607,375 it makes you think. I mean for an extra €12k more you get a bigger house, guaranteed parking and no management fees.To say Im confused would be an understatement :confused: I know the house in Boden Park will go for more and you are paying stamp but its closer to bus routes and the schools as well.

The entrance for Stocking Wood can be found just up from Airpark on the right hand side off the roundabout. Its over the bridge and its got "Stocking Avenue" on the walls on either side.

There are going to be over 1000 units being built over the next 10 years so its going to be massive.

Well if the 3 beds are terraced for that price I agree with you parkviewbuye. I agree with you about Boden Park etc. Will be very interested to see how they sell.

I went down to the site in Stocking Avenue last night, all looks very impressive, the entrance and landscaping appear excellent. Three bed terrace in that area for 595,000! I'm really unsure if that is good value, remember thats for a terrace (kitchen white goods not included), but then again there is no stamp duty.
So anybody got any idea if this is a good investment, confused

I spent more time looking at the plans and discovered there are a few semi-detached 3 beds. I asked the estate agents how much they were going to be and was told in excess of €680k. So basically the 3 bed terraces are the ones that are starting at €595k.I think I would prefer handing over stamp if it meant getting a 3 bed semi detached for for 80k less then the ones being sold there. Ok its soul destroying having to hand over that money but dear god its better than handing over €80k more for the sake of a new build where there is no stamp duty and you are left having to kit the place out anyway.

Oh I dont know.. Ireland has gone mental.

Well you are really paying the same stamp duty for a new build anyway because the developer just adds on the cost of the stamp duty to the price of the house. And of course you are right, you tend to forget how much it costs to kit out a new house, a hell of a lot!

I am surpised at those prices, but of course I am always surprised at the launch prices these days, but I am not sure they are going to sell quickly at those prices.

680K for the semi detached!! It can't be true, its the exact same house I just looked at the plan myself. I am originally from N.Ireland and plan to move back there in a couple of years, hence my reluctance to pay stamp duty. If the terrace was on for 550K I'd have snapped there hand off, but I think in the current climate 595 is to much, especially as they are at the extreme outer limits of Rathfarnham!

Type in Deane Homes in the SDCC Website under "planning Applications" and search by name, put a date range of a 18 months in and it will bring you to the plans. This seems a better development than Airpark ,in which all the houses look on top of eachother and only one car and fit driving down the road. I dont know how this was passed for planning.Stocking Wood is a much bigger development with shops and a pub/Restaurant, you can view the photo's in the plans. The houses are very pricey considering you can get a 3 bed Semi with garage beside Marlay park in Marley Grange for between 600-650K excl stamp of €40K with front and back garden with loads of parking. New houses for some reason are overpriced and greed from Developers sets in when they multiple profit per house by 1000 units.

No management charges in older estates, keep this in mind. Airpark when selling through DNG could not even tell us how much the charges would be??

From what I can see there are no front gardens for the 3 bed terrace so that would suggest problems with parking as well.

I think we will stick to second hand in the area in a couple of years time. The estate is going to be massive and at the moment the infrastructure is not there.

As it is the 15 bus is taking 20 mins to get from the terminus outside woodfield to the 2nd stop which across from Garthy Wood. Thats due to traffic going on to the M50 and the bus trying to get of that roundabout.

Best option Parkviewbuye, imagine trying to get of Stocking Wood in the morning it will be worse than Woodstown, in which it is half the journey to get out of your estate before you start travelling to your job.

Good luck with your buy.

I am thinking the same thing Parkviewbuye, hoping to able to afford second hand in the area in a couple of years, mostly because of size of garden, parking and management company fees.

I have an appointment to go see them tomorrow morning, I'll let you know all the particulars as soon as I'm back in work! I phoned the estate agent about them and they where next to useless! In saying that the site is very impressive lets hope the houses match up!

Wow, really interesting stuff guys. We are looking in the same area and have been looking at 2nd hand semi-d's but was waiting to see the prices for Stocking avenue. I think they are well over priced compared to a 2nd hand semi-d + stamp duty.

Any chance the demand wont be there and they will come down from those prices...unlikely.

Wow, really interesting stuff guys. We are looking in the same area and have been looking at 2nd hand semi-d's but was waiting to see the prices for Stocking avenue. I think they are well over priced compared to a 2nd hand semi-d + stamp duty.

Any chance the demand wont be there and they will come down from those prices...unlikely.

Highly doubt it. I got 3 phonecalls today from the same estate agent confirming my appointment tomorrow. When I said I had already confirmed it they said they were working off 2 lists and were just making sure.

There must be an awful lot of people on those 2 lists for them to phone me 3 times !!

The 3 bed houses that were selling in Wainsfort Terenure last week for €950k sold out in a day so if thats the case then Im sure Stocking Wood will sell out tomorrow.

Boden Heath released 3 bed terrace and semi detached back in May 06 and they sold out in one evening. Having said that there were only 20 and I heard after a few weeks they were phoning people to say they were back on the market.

What will happen tomorrow is loads of panic buying. Deposits will be put down and in 3 weeks they will be back on the market.

Back