Churchtown.Views and opinions

anatasha

Looking to buy in churchtown,finsbury park to be specific.Looking to see what the general area is like.I know with luas and dundrum,it is very convieient.Are there any rough spots nearby?
Also the entrance to the estate has a recycling bottle bank (not allowing a very free flow into the estate,i imagine)and graffitti on the wall....?should i be concerned?
Thanks for any views on this!

Couple of friend live in Finsbury for a long time and both families are very happy there.Never heard any mention of wanting to go elsewhere. Houses are nice inside, but personally I think the estate looks a bit tired.

Thanks for that runner.Same first impressions of the estate myself.I am not totally convinced that its worth the money thats being asked for it,but then thats the same everywhere !

I went to school in Notre Dame beside Finsbury Park. It was always a nice settled road with plenty of families. Thats longer ago than I care to remember, but I think by all accounts it's still pretty okay.

Rough areas? Churchtown?

I think you need to research the area a bit more.

It's full of families and the eldery.

Lappy said:
Rough areas? Churchtown?

I think you need to research the area a bit more.

It's full of families and the eldery.

couldn't agree more.

I've always thought that Churchtown has and still is one of the greatest under rated areas in Dublin. There are a lot of big, big houses there, Luas, Shop till ya drop, walk to town if feeling energetic enough, and a smashing area.

Finsbury Park is a super estate, quite small, and the large 5/6 bed white houses at the end of the estate are some of the finest buys you can get, imho.

I'm sure some of the houses need modernising, but its always been a very well kept estate, quiet etc.

One word of warning, Park Developments are looking to build a high density scheme with 7/8 storey apartment blocks either on the grounds of Notre Dame or close by - residents are up in arms - just make sure these don't over look your house, may not be pleasant.

Oh, and Howards Way cafe has one of the finest brekkies around, even if you do pay for it, its worth it....

:)

They're pricey enough but if you can get a house on Braemor Rd. in need of renovating you could get yourself a bargain in the long run - they're pretty big houses.

I don't think Churchtown would be in many FTB reach however, not sure if you already own etc

Thanks for all the views.I have put in an offer for the house,lower than asking ,lets see how it goes.Ill try and find out more about the apartments planned by park developemnts and go from there.

Finsbury Park is a nice development. As buyer I would be concerned about (1) the new development on the school site; (2) potential bottleneck getting out onto the main road (try it at rush hour) and (3) small gardens, which you get everywhere but could be an issue if you hope to extend (or if your neighbours do)

I went to school in the Churchtown area...admittedly it was a good few years ago... but back then Finsbury was considered one of the 'posh' areas of Churchtown. I would have thought the arrival of the Luas, and the monstrosity that is Dundrum Shopping Centre, would have done no harm to the value of the houses in that area.

Back