Karl Jeacle's mortgage calculator updated

ClubMan

Karl Jeacle sent me this email about the latest updates to his mortgage calculator (Ireland version only for now):
Along with some tidying up of the layout and user input, the main
changes are support for more one-off extra payments and variable
interest rates. The extra payment support allows for up to six new
one-off payments. The variable interest support allows up to five
extra interest rates to be manually added through the lifetime of
the mortgage. There is also support for an interest-only period and
a section for US-style ARM mortgage calculation. A new interest
rate graph to show the interest rate changing has also been added.

Because the applet uses Swing, older browsers using the Microsoft
JVM won't be able to load it. I'll add some Javascript to try to
detect older browsers to fall back to the old calculator before I
put it on the main page. Because of this and because I want to make
some other small changes and get some feedback about any problems,
for now it's only on the Ireland page. You are welcome to post on AAM.

Thanks,
Karl
If anybody has comments/feedback then post here.

Thanks.

anybody having problems accessing jeacles mortgage calcualtor. Was working fine for me before. So when i went in i updated my java and it told me on the java website i am now running the most up to date version and i then done a "verify installation" and it all was fine. Shut down web browser, restarted computer but still can't access the mortgage calcualtor just have a big grey box!!

Anybody have same problem or a solution?

I had a grey box initially, so I clicked on the Java icon on the site and downloaded something. The calculator is now working fine for me.

I am using Internet Explorer 6.02.029 in case that it relevant.

Brendan

Works fine for me in FireFox 1.5.0.1 with Java 1.5.0 (1.5.0_06-b05) and also with IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 (phew!) and whatever Java runtime IE uses (I think it uses Sun's Java based on my Set Program Access and Defaults settings).

Got it to work. for some reason i had to remove my old version and then could install the new version. however would not let me save it to any directory except my desktop. normally everything is saved under the c:drive. not to worry its up and running and have to say the improvements are excellent!

Remove and install what? Your browser? Your Java runtime?

What were you saving to disk?

sorry not very good at explaining myself... :eek: basicaly i had to remove my old version of java in order to install the new version.

and when i did install the new versionit said i could not save it to my computer (not sure what it meant but normally anything i download i save it under programs.) but would not let me do this.

Therefore i saved it on my desktop and ran it from there and now have no problems. Might have something to do with a computer system in work .... I DONT KNOW !!

In response it worked perfectly for me and i thank karl for updating his calculator i feelthe previous one was excellent and used it many times a adviced friends to do so and i will continue to do this with the new model. Thanks for letting us know bout the update clubman

Back