Key Post: Car hire in italy.

A

allensquare20

Does anyone have any info.on good deals in car hire in italy we are planning a trip in june.any info would be apreciated

Re: car hire in italy

Are you sure you really want/need to drive in Italy? The train network is very good, cheap and a lot more relaxing! This is especially so if you plan to visit the cities or want to enjoy a few drinks.
hoidayautos.com used to offer guarantee of best price but not sure if they still do. Whatever rental company I would advise you take out the extra CDW insurance as minor crashes are pretty common in Italy.
Whatever you decide I'm sure you'll have a great time in Italia.

car hire

have a look at [broken link removed] i haven't used them but could br interesting..

Edited by ClubMan to fix link.

Driving in Italy

I'd have to say that my experience of driving in Italy was really good. They go pretty fast ok (remember we used to do that here?), but the roads are superb it takes about 1.5 hours to travel 150kms from Malpensa airport to Lake Garda without break speed limits - can you imagine doing this in modern day Ireland.

Take the car, don't drink when driving and enjoy!

MAC

car hire in italy

I've recently done some research to find the best Car Hire deal out of Milan Linate Airport. The price range was substantial for a mid-range car. eg for 12 days rental the worst price was 841$ and best price was $405.
I suggest you try www.italycar.net/ .
Others are www.orbitz.com which does a trawl for the different rental providers in the region.

Happy Hunting.

Car rental

Try carjet.com very good website for carhire in europe
Enjoy Italy
Adam

Car Hire - Provisional Licences

Is it possible to drive (hire a car) on the continent with an Irish provisional licence????

Re: >>Car hire in italy.

I'm due to get a hire car as part of my holiday package - does anyone know will I have pick up any extra insurance or should this be part of my holiday package? I take it my Irish Insurance doesn't cover me.

I've just booked four days' rental of a Fiesta with Hertz (via the Ryanair website) for EU103 all in - CDW, insurance, tax, unlimited km, etc, from Trieste Airport.

If you are going to southern Italy (e.g. Amalfi Coast) I'd recommend as small a car as you can fit yourselves and your stuff into. The roads can be pretty narrow, especially if you've rented a coastal villa or whatever. We had a midsize car a couple of years ago and were barely able to get too our house.

Has anyone used Argus Car Rental, especially from Pisa airprt. I'd like to know how reliable they are.

used argus in faro,got a good price over there,they are brokers for various companies

Used Argus in Italy a few years ago, all went fine. I liked driving in Italy, they go a bit quicker but thought v good drivers IMO, much safer than here, roads generally much better as well. A good idea for car rental is to check the price comparison sites, such as travel supermarket etc.... these often come back with good value, always have a good look around, the difference in prices for the same package can be huge.

Back