Key Post: Car hire in Portugal.

Car hire in Portugal

Sorry only got back to internet today, busy busy busy.
The web-site for this great priced car hire is

algarve-car-hire.uk.net The actual car-hire company name in Portugal according to the confirmation e-mail that I got is 'Auto-Rent'. We hired through this company last year, making our arrangements there in situ! it is true that it cheaper to make a reservation online before travelling. We have to ring a free phone number 24 hours before we want the car to confirm that everything is in order!

We're off on the 19th June, can't wait! I'll be curious to know how anyone else has got on with car hire online.

[Edited by Marion to provide link]

>>Car hire in Portugal.

We've made a reservation for the hire of a 5 door Opel Corsa for four days from 23rd June in the Algarve! The arrangement is:car will be delivered to the apartment and collected there also after the four days, two named drivers and the price is - wait for it - €87.00.

Just for curiousity then I decided to put in the exact same details for Ireland, same car, same dates, 2 named drivers, delivery and collection from my home (Limerick City) and the cost €190.00. I'm sorry I didn't have that info. for Pat Kenny's Late Late Show when he was speaking about holidaying in Ireland!

Re: Car hire in Portugal

hired a car in portugal last summer
10 days full insurance etc
214 euro 2 named drivers
citreon saxa. great little goer
have a great holiday

Re: Don't leave us in suspense....

.....and the names of those great value hire companies ???? :rolleyes

Re: Car hire in Portugal

Hi Lorraine

I hope you had a great holiday.

How did the car hire work out?

We're going to the Algarve at the end of next week and are thinking of hiring a car, although we may not use it all that much.

I checked both websites and the prices are a bit higher than indicated in earlier postings. They start around €160 per week for the smallest cars.

Does anyone know of any other car hire firms we should look at?

Regards
Homer

Car hire in Portugal

Hi Homer!

Yes we had a brilliant holiday, car worked out very well, priced as per the internet quote, the rep. arrived at the the apartment exactly on time and also for the collection four days later!

If I recall, the prices go up for July and August as it it peak season and so the deals won't seem to be as attractive. However you ought to book over the 'net' (you only pay on delivery anyhow) at what ever is the best deal and then check it out down the town (where ever you are) and go for the most reasonable.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday, I'ld love to go back again, however there is always next year . . . . . . .

Car Hire -good rates?

Ah, at last - found this link.

Homer, I too am trying to find good rates and so far have come up with Easyautos - Toyota yaris with a/c 356 for 14 days, Peugeot 106 2 door 312 euro (14days) and Opel corsa 5 door 324euro.
Another one Holiday Autos have Opel Corsa or Punto for 353euro - 14days.
Keep checking though as I'm sure there are better deals around. If you find a better one maybe you could post it here.

Re: >>Car hire in Portugal.

try [broken link removed], used them once, good stuff

Back