Good Surveyor sought (Dublin south)

Petal

Can anyone recommend a really good surveyor? I am close to buying a house, if hopefully it comes through. It's an old ex corporation house though, prob built in the 50s or so. So I know I need rewiring, etc, but I read in the boards.ie threads about all these hidden surprises in these old houses and dampness and walls that are not insulated, etc. Someone recommended that surveyors should carry moistures meters or something and that you have to specifically ask them to check for things like wall insulation.
Has anyone got any experiences or has anyone used a surveyor that addressed all these issues?
Many thanks for all your help - oh yeah, it's for a house in Dublin, southside.

Hi Petal,

This previous thread might be worth a read. If you use the search option you may find some others with recommendations.

michael o malley - he is in the golden pages and has offices on north and southside. i used him and have recommended him to pratically any i knew buying a house. they have all found him great. fast.punctual, knows his stuff

We used Building Surveying Solutions and found them very good.

Cost about €450, and they tested with the meter for dampness, supplied photos of any problems found, even in the attic. Gave ways the problems could be fixed, etc

http://www.surveyingsolutions.ie

Thanks everyone, Philben, how much did Michael O'Malley charge?
And did either of them mention anything about wall insulation?

Back