Key Post: holidays in france

• Thread starter slimJim3600
  • Start date
S

slimJim3600

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good site for viewing and booking self catering accomodation in France or Portugal.

Slim

Going to France?

Going to France?

If you are travelling in France this year here are a few places I’ve stayed in and recommend both for accommodation and food:

A l’Arbre Vert, Ammerschwihr, near Colmar, Alsace, www.arbre-vert.net/

Auberge de la Quatr’Heurie, Bèze, near Dijon, Bourgogne. This place is seriously good and well worth a few nights stay. www.quatrheurie.com/.

Au Vieux Logis, Brevonnes, near Troyes, Champagne Ardennes, The owner was a finalist in a French masterchef competition. [broken link removed]

Auberge de la Pomme de la Pin, Senonches, near Chartres, Eure et Loire. [broken link removed]

Re: holidays in france

There are 2 links provided by Ceist Beag in this post which may provide some help in arrangemtents

Re: holidays in france

Yup, I can highly recommend the cottage we stayed in if yer travelling to Brittany - you can view the details [broken link removed]. It suits 2 ideally but if ye have children can sleep 4 comfortably (i.e. there is just one open plan bedroom with two double beds!). Tis a lovely cottage in a very rural, quiet part of the countryside beside a farm and very few other houses. But it is only a 25 minute drive from the coast so yer not too far from anything!

Some other posts

biddingagent
Advice on renting Villa/House in France/Spain Summer 05

I am considering renting a house/villa in the South of France or in Spain for a couple of weeks in the Summer of 2005 (early bird and all that!). I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this or could recommend a good house/villa in a nice town/area. There will be two couples, two children and an infant. Haven't set my heart on a particular country/region.

sueellen
Re: Advice on renting Villa/House in France/Spain Summer 2005

Vacation Rentals by Owners
www.gite.com
www.frenchconnections.co.uk/

Dr Moriarty
Frequent poster
Re: Advice on renting Villa/House in France/Spain Summer '05

For French rentals, I'd add to sueellen's list. "Pap", btw, stands for de Particulier à Particulier, indicating that these are private individuals as opposed to agencies!

You should probably look under "seasonal rentals". You can consult the site in English — it'll provide you with a list of departmental numbers, and the ads are (admittedly quite "ropily") translated — but unless you get lucky you'll probably need a bit of French to contact the owners/landlords...

Still, as it's aimed at a largely domestic readership, and sans middlemen, it should give you a useful yardstick for comparing other quotes you get from the agents...

biddingagent
Re: Advice on renting Villa/House in France/Spain Summer 05

Thanks for the advice. I will give it a try. I am still undecided but it is very useful to have a few leads. :)

raz
Package Holiday (Flight/SC Apt) in S.France

A pal of mine is keen to source info on package holidays in South of France - which include return flight to Nice (or Garsconne (sp?)), complex with self-catering apartments and organised activities for 2 kids (10 and 12 years old). They dont want Keycamp, etc. which means ferry/car drive - only flight from Dublin to a resort with S/C apts & hotels.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Raz

Sueellen,

Hi Raz,

Not too sure about a package but a read thru these previous threads might give some info:

Flights info

www.opodo.co.uk
www.skyscanner.net/
www.expedia.co.uk
www.toandfrom.org/airport/europe.html

dinky
Hotels in Nice?

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Nice? Looking for something with a bit of character in the old part of the city. thanks

Nice

Gotta be The Negresco!!!

Flake
Negresco

I don't know that I'd say the Negresco has character. It shouts money and champagne lifestyle all right. I actually found it quite intimidating. Didn't stay there mind you - apart from the fact that we couldn't afford it I don't think I would have relaxed there.

ballygowan
Hotels in Toulouse

Looking for pointers to a good hotel in Toulouse area - city centre or suburbs, not fussy.

Su
Recommended Hotels

I recently stayed in and would highly recommend, Hôtel de la Cité. Its about 90km from Toulouse in the picturesque and historic town of Carcassonne. Well worth the deviation.

Back