Key Post: Car Hire in Spain

S

sueellen

Any ideas on cheap car hire for 3 weeks, have got price from carjet.co.uk for Scenic EUR 700 including booster and baby seat.

Holiday alicante-Car Hire

Carjet are usually very competitive-you might also try carjet.com. A couple of sites, similar to this one, where car hire has been discussed on and off are: www.torrevieja.co.uk and www.torrevieja.com.

Hope this is of some assistance to you.

Edited by ClubMan to fix links.

car hire

Tried a number of sites the best deal for a Scenic was 615 EUR including booster & baby seat for 3 weeks
www.all-inclusive-car-hire.com part of carjet.com but offering a cheaper price !!!
I'm going in May so no price reduction if paying up front and no reduction if house owner (or immediate family)
for the record :-
Drivespain.es was EUR 648
carjet.co.uk was EUR 686
Edirentacar.com was EUR 675 (includes house owner discount)
Europa was EUR 731
skycars was high also

Be careful of q’s in alicante

Booked my corsa 3 dr through Carjet for €230!! Fab price, only the q in alicante airport when i arrived was mental. One hour wait after arrival, and id a long 2.5 hr drive to follow.

However, they’d run out of Corsa’s and i got an Alpha 1.9 diesel 4 dr for the original price. Was worth the wait after all.

Re: >>Holiday alicante - Car Hire/

Some other posts

Spain bound
Car hire at Malaga

Can anyone recommend a car hire firm in or near Malaga airport?
Three adults and three kids travelling, would need something safe and secure with child seats.
Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Dr Moriarty
Frequent poster
Re: Car hire at Malaga

I've done this a few times, and have yet to find better than www.carjet.com/ Book before the end of August and they'll knock off a further 10%

Doogo
Re: Car hire at Malaga

fyi, i've had good experiences in spain with www.autoreservations.com/ before

hth
d

tobo
Car hire at Malaga

We also used Carjet and would recommend them.

Re: >>Car Hire in Spain

We used doyouspain.com and they were great.Prices were very cheap and we booked a people carrier for 2 wks for 680euro.It was also a brand new car.

Re: >>Car Hire in Spain

I used [broken link removed] to rent a car at malaga airport, service was ok, price was great

my experience using carjet was ab fab, never used a better company. highly recommended and wouldnt darent use anyone else

Check to see if the car rental company has a base in the airport terminal building at Malaga airport (Hertz, Avis, Europcar have ) - some of the cheap rentals are with companies "off" airport involving a shuttle bus for both pick up and return and this process can take over an hour on arrival and departure. Hertz have good deals via the Aer Lingus site - I had a new Ford Focus for €160/week (including taxes, insurance etc.) last week.

delays at malaga for carjet are now verging on ridiculous.
We had 90 mins last time.
Would pay more to avid this so would shop around to get something close to carjet price wise without the q!

I was there last May, we had booked a car but by the time we got there our numbers had swollen and it way too small. So we never arrived to collect the car and instead took one fairly cheap from company beside them.
I dont think its neccessary to book, just go to the airport and haggle for the cheapest and most suitable one you can-

Argusrentals are doing a special deal on Malaga at the moment, and last year I got the best rate of all from DoyouSpain.com.

Slaphead's right, though — in a place like Malaga, the competition is so intense that local firms will often undercut whatever's your best official offer. Whether you can take that chance depends on time pressures/whether you're travelling with kids, etc.

We got recently a newsletter from our car rental company in Spain where we use to book our car hire Alicante () for our holidays on Costa Blanca. The newsletter was citing the Telegraph and CNN with quotes like "Travel advice: Holiday car rentals could be scarce this summer" and "Help! My rental car company ran out of cars".
Do you believe there is any truth on this? Did someone experienced car hire shortage during summer in Spain before?

I have used DoYouSpain in the past, after a recommendation from a regular visitor to Spain, and had no problems at all. They were also the cheapest we could find at the time.

Never having used carjet before, as others have recommended above, I also looked up car rental in France for 2 weeks and nearly fell off my chair at the prices they were quoting. I have recently confirmed the hiring of an estate car for 2 weeks with economycarrentals.com, (I also used them some years ago) and when I ran the same dates and details with carjet, it was nearly three times the price. Also, with economycarrentals.com they are very up front about insurance costs (always read the small print in the t & cs) and confirm that there is no need to buy additional excess insurance at the time of booking as they will refund any excess you may have to pay in the event of an accident or theft.

I have no connection with them other than a fairly impressed customer.

Back