1st and 2nd time buyers buying together

polly_wolly

i bought a house in longwood in co meath, mainly to get on the property ladder. only my name is on it, not my fiance's. my fiance and i now want to either sell up, chip in and get a bigger 3 bedroom in lucan, dublin. she may qualify for affordable housing ,but will only be offered a 2 bed apartment. if we go together for mortgage, will we be approved €350000ish. we are on roughly €75000 pa between us.
i hope this makes enough sense to anyone reading it

Is this thread of any use? Have you accounted for the fact that joint buyers who are not all first time buyers are jointly treated as non FTBs if that's relevant here (for stamp duty, owner occupier mortgage interest relief etc.)?

You should be ok for loan on that income.
Cubman is pointing out that if you are on 'title' that you definitely wont be a First Time Buyer and wont get stamp duty relief even if fiancee is. On the other hand your fiancee appears to be a FTB. She would qualify, even if you were joint on the loan. (This advice comes courtesy of Brian Cowen himself!)
So you need to look at that first off.

WizardDr said:
On the other hand your fiancee appears to be a FTB. She would qualify, even if you were joint on the loan. (This advice comes courtesy of Brian Cowen himself!)
Is it possible that the minister is wrong?

[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
What is the position where the purchase monies are not provided entirely by the first time buyer?

To qualify for the relief the entirety of the purchase monies, including any borrowings, must be provided by the first time buyer. Any person, who provides part of the purchase monies or who is a party to any borrowings relating to such purchase, is also regarded as a buyer of the house and the relief will not be available unless that other person is also a first time buyer.

This treatment applies whether or not all the parties providing the purchase monies, or all the parties to any borrowings, are actually named in the deed of transfer.

Back