Key Post: cheap hotel booking sites

>>cheap hotel booking sites

I seem to remember a series of postings on booking cheap hotel rooms, but now that I need it, I can't find it! I'm having to travel regularly to England, so if anyone knows of good sites (cheaper than booking the usual ways) please let me know.

Travelaxe.....

I recommend either....

Travelaxe from [broken link removed] You'll need to download a program. It compares something like 15 sites etc hotels.com, expedia etc.

Try looking on the hotels own websites either for specials. Some of them have newsletters. Sign up for same and they'll send you specials.

[Edited by Marion to fix link]

Re: Travelaxe.....

Bridget,

It might be worth your while to have a read thru the section on holidays etc. in the index of this site as seen here

also..

If you are going to London, I would stronglt recommend www.londontown.com

I have used it on several occasions and have found it excellent.

[Edited by Marion to fix link]

cheap hotels?

look up ryanair's site. if you find what you want go to www.octopus.com same site,same hotels - cheaper. (its easy jets)

hotels

just found www.laterooms.com/ very good - even if there isn't a bed to be had where I'm going - and the flight booked and all!

Edited by sueellen to fix link

Some other posts

zag
Administrator
Online hotel booking sites

All,

I am trying to book a hotel using some of the online sites such as , [broken link removed], http://ie.hotels.com/hotel-htdocs/ie/index.htm (www.hotels.com), www.expedia.com, www.travelocity.com/, etc . . . but keep coming up against the problem that many of the sites just don't cater for including children in the deal.

They will take the request for 2 children and 2 adults and come back with a goodish price, but then when going through with the process there is invariably some text saying that the rates are only good for 2 adults and the hotel will charge extra on departure, or even that the room is only good for 2 adults and the hotel may not be able to accommodate more than that. Given that the request included details of 4 guests this is a bit of a pointless quote.

So, here's the question - does anyone know of any hotel booking websites where you can *definitely* book rooms for more than 2 people ?

I have fired off emails direct to a number of the hotels and am waiting for their responses, but if anyone knows of a good site it would be great.

By the way, I am looking anywhere around Amsterdam - Delft, Leiden, Haarlem, the Hague, if anyone has any suggestions.

Dank u (as they say in the Netherlands),

z

Cligereen
Unregistered User
Try this

Hi Zag,

I have used
www.wotif.com/ to book hotels for the four of us (2A+2Ch). I've used them a few times and never had any problem. If you click on the names of the hotels it will give you details of the hotel and tell you what the max occupancy is. You can specify how many will be in the room (or the number of rooms required if more than one).

Not sure of those locations you mentioned though, I've never looked for them. Worth a try.

Clig.

Tall Chapy
Frequent poster
Family Rooms

Here are a few family/Quad Rooms
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

zag
Administrator
Re: Fami

Thanks for the links everyone.

I am working through them and through some others I found last night.

I found quite a good site - www.bookings.nl/ - which seems to be the only one I could find that highlighted the special deals that each hotels run. Some discount for weekends, some for weekdays, some for stays of 3 days or more. It also shows the number of each room type available which is pretty useful. It also seems to have sections for almost every teeny-tiny townland in the country.

Some of the links that TC provided above provide even more detail - it's amazing how much effort must be put in by someone out there in keeping all this information up to date. It seems strange that the hotels maintain web presences in so many places and in so many formats.

TC - as a matter of interest how did you come up with these links ? I did a fair bit of searching around yesterday and didn't come across most of those sites. I'm just wondering what approach you took.

For anyone else out there who is thinking of booking hotels online it is well worth checking out - I was thinking of the Victoria Hotel in Amsterdam (among many others), but the overwhelming poor reviews it got was enough to turn me off. By way of contrast - I am now looking at the a-train hotel nearby. It has got nothing but good reviews (apart from one from a person who found out he wasn't allowed smoke stuff there) while in its previous incarnation it got terrible ones.

Cheers,

z

Grizzly
Unregistered User
Schipol.

Try [broken link removed] They often have 3 nights for the price of two etc. By becoming a member you can also earn points etc.

Gresham hotels have a hotel in Amsterdam with bus from airport dropping you at the door.

Tall Chapy
Frequent poster
Family Rooms

Hi Zag

Basically, I checked out Hotelclub first, as I find it a good website & also to get a grasp on you problem.
Which soon became obvious.A good few website asked for the number of children. But they never say how many beds they give you.Some do, but they give you 2 double beds & if you have a teenage 'child' & a younger child of the the opposite sex, this becomes awkward and is not a great way to start a holiday.With one child refusing to sleep in the same bed as the other.
So I started looking for rooms with suites. Then on one website it said family rooms available. So I just put in a search (yahoo)for family rooms netherland might also have includes amsterdam & just picked what I thought where suitable to your needs & posted them

ann
Unregistered User
hotel websites

Have u tried www.octopustravel.com they cater for children and are quite reasonable

Elcato
Very frequent poster
Re: hotel websites

One bit of advice Zag. Make sure there' a lift in the hotel. Stairs are a nightmare in Holland and don't seem to have any safety checks.

garrettod
Very frequent poster

PriorityClub.com

Hi,

Not entirely sure if this is of use or not, but I normally try to use www.priorityclub.com

It's the affiliate network for Holiday Inn, Crown Plaza etc and offers members points towards their airline miles or hotel stays etc

It's got a price promise for the hotel group it represents also, claiming to always offer the cheapest deals.

Regards

G>

Hotel in Madrid

Hi, SueEllen.
Many thanks for such useful info and websites - just booked a nice hotel in Madrid via internet/email - after reading reviews on that hotel. Thank heavens for having come across ASKABOUTMONEY - such a goldmine of knowledge, particularly as I, being profoundly deaf, can't use the telephone and therefore find using the Intenret and email a real boon.
Raz (delighted user and big fan of AAM)

Hi Raz,

Welcome to AAM Glad to hear the list was of some use. Nice to get some feedback also. Hope your trip/hotel in Madrid work out well :)

You might find something useful here also especially

Re: Hotel in Madrid

Hi raz

Some of the moderators have been getting a lot of abuse in other forums for daring to edit or delete offensive posts. We get a bit weary of this abuse, so it's a real tonic to get such an enthusiastic message of thanks. We do our best (and sueellen does a great job in the Holidays/Travel/Hotels/Airlines forum) and deep down we know we are doing a great job, but it's nice to have it recognized. Thanks - you have cheered us up.

Brendan

Some other posts

nbc
best website for hotel deals

Hi there,
Can anyone suggest a website for late deals in Irish hotels etc(I am familar with laterooms.com). I am flexible where I go,dates etc(golf trip with bud). Hoping to hit Kerry area but would consider elsewhere if a good offer interested me.
Any website I've seen wants you to put a county in and you could spend all day looking.
Thanks
nbc

Cahir
Re: best website for hotel deals

Try [broken link removed]
Haven't been on it for a while but I remember it was good.

Dearg Doom
Long time poster

Try [broken link removed]

ClubMan
Administrator

I know you're looking for a website but have you simply tried the small ads in the Indo and Irish Times for special offers in individual hotels? There are often some good offers advertised.

rainyday

Try www.pigsback.ie - registration required

billiethekid
Re: Best website for hotel deals

www.wotif.com/ is usually quite decent for up to 14 days in advance I think.

travel fan

Try www.irelandhotels.com/
Up to date offers...just pick a county

nbc
thanks

You're all very good.Much appreciated.
nbc

foxylady
hotels

www.octopustravel.com/IntlHome.jsp is another good one.

Bargain Hunter
Cheap Deals

The best bet is the back page of the Irish Times or second page of the Indo. Hotels only advertise here when their occupancy rates are low.

My favourite is Gresham Hotels for a short break (I've no connection), in Galway, Limerick & Cork. Best is the Metroploe in Cork - right in the city centre, free parking, buffet breakfast till noon, evening meal and leisure centre - all for about EUR150 for three nights. Also if you become a regular you get on their direct mailing list before they go to the press and usually at preferential rates.

Note: Best deals are early/late in year. Summer is not a great time for a good deal. You'll also find they don't shout about their specials - you have to specifically ask for them. You can get Gresham breaks on 1850-777777. I've just booked 3 nights DBB for €159 pps including a bottle of vino.

marie2000
Hotel sites

I have got brilliant deals on http://www.bookassist.com/ (www.bookassist.com/)
for bank holidays etc though must of them were in The early summer

Soy,

Thanks for those. Look interesting. Must investigate them further.

Sueellen.

Back