Vantage - Leopardstown: post from 26-01-2006, 07:57 AM

larry1

Just came from the launch of these apartments. Arrived at 5.15am, approx 60 people already there. All apartments sold from 1st phase by 7.30am. Luckily got one of the last three.. Pure madness! About 100 still outside when I was leaving..where does it end?

Re: Vantage - Leopardstown

Nope 5.15AM!!! Punters day from 12 noon yesterday afternoon. 65 people camped out on Baggot st overnight.. stop the madness!:)

Well done Larry! And you thought that you would be early!

Was it one apartment per punter? So around 60 odd released in phase 1? I see there is on site concierge (where would you be without one), how much did they estimate year 1 service charges to be?

Any idea how many of those buying were for investment purposes?

Have they indicated what the expected rent for say, a 2 bed will be. I see on daft that there is a good number of apartments to let in the Beacon Court development since the Nov/Dec period and they seem to be there on a weekly basis

this area will be crawling in to let signs over next 5 years. there are 8,000 units scheduled for construction between stillorgan sandyford and dundrum in the latest planning forecasts subj to pp obv.. beacon court was almost 100% investment as you can see from daft.. as are the maj of purchases in the past 12mths uo here.i work in the estate and its gonna be a building site for the next 10 years!!

Hi,
is next queue going to be for the Forum (Sandyford)?

desparate house hunter

I an stunned at this report...they way things re going this is going to end in tears....the fundamentals hace changed and it is now an irrational market (certainly by the Leopardstown experience).

Ask yourself why a developer would sell 100 apartments two years in advance. Does he have concerns about the future...looks like it to me!

The writing has been on the wall for a long time !I presume they have only paid booking deposits though.

Pulled the plug on this, getting my deposit back. Did a lot of research over the past few days and there are plenty of less risky investments with higher returns out there. €35k stamp was the killer. Thanks for all the feedback

Larry - up there myself the other morning - bit mad alright. got my hands on an apartment!! As an owner-occupier it works out ok. Methinks i have to live somewhere and this is as good as any. They are going to be 5% dearer next time round. Surely by the time they are built they will be up circa 20% - Leopardstown is Leopardstown - On the luas is on the luas....convince me i'm mad mad mad to go ahread with it

Tino, it's an excellent location. As well as that, since they won't be ready until 2 years from now the price you have agreed to pay may well be less than the price you'd have to pay if you waited 2 years and bought an apartment that is ready to move into.

One thing I raised before is the service charge. Since I believe that this development will have a 24 hour concierge service, you have to be sure that you are happy to pay the inflated annual service charge that will apply. What's the estimate of this for the first year? 24 concierge is expensive when you add it to the usual service charge. It's 2 maybe 3 salaries to pay - year in year out.

Will check out service costs. Also supply & demand - have people been viewing in this area - are there thousands of apartments yet to go up?

A lot of developers have had Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Co Co approve their applications for relatively high rise apartment developments in Sandyford Industrial Estate recently. Many of these approvals are then appealed to an Bord Pleanala by local residents. Check out the DLR co co offices/myhome.ie for details of what's coming down the line in the area.

I am one of the unlucky ones who purchased at Vantage at 2006 prices. Apparently they will be completed early in 2009. Is there anyone else out there in my situation? Now my mortgage approval has lapsed and I'm sure no bank will give me a mortgage.

Now my mortgage approval has lapsed and I'm sure no bank will give me a mortgage.

its not that banks have stopped lending, its that they've tightened the TnC's.

- how do the figures currently look?

- what is the place currently worth V what you paid nearly 3 years ago?
- what % of that will be your deposit?
- do you have any existing borrowings?
- good credit history?
- secure employment?

I bet that there are not many people who are as happy as Larry in this case! Larry pulled out in post 15.

Just came from the launch of these apartments. Arrived at 5.15am, approx 60 people already there. All apartments sold from 1st phase by 7.30am. Luckily got one of the last three.. Pure madness! About 100 still outside when I was leaving..where does it end?

My God, how things have changed!

"Where does it end".....now we know.

Back