Good Video Webcam

MonsieurBond

Good Video Webcam for Skype2

I was thinking of buying something like this webcam to try out Skype 2's new Video calling service (Beta). (Cnet review [broken link removed].)

I'm trying to find a balance between a cheap and nasty €20 webcam and an all-singing-all-dancing one which costs in excess of €100. It has to work on my laptop, which seems to drive up the cost a little.

Any AAM recommendations on brands of webcam - reliability, video quality, customer support, compatibility?

Apparently, Skype are teaming up with Logitech on branded [broken link removed], so maybe that's the way to go.

Any thoughts appreciated, also any comments from anyone who has tried the Video Calling.

Re: Good Video Webcam for Skype2

I'm looking to get a webcam for my laptop to work with Skype / video calls. Haven't a clue what to look for/get in a webcam - any recommendations or advice? thanks.

Look for one with a 1.3mega pixel camera, the cheap ones are 0.3. Can be got for about €40. Steer clear of the cheap and nasty, not worth having.

I've recently installed Logitec QuickCam - love being able to see those I'm chatting with on Skype.

However, the picture is very small, probably a matchbox size. Can I enlarge the screen? I would love the larger screen that I've seen on other computers

Thanks.

Back