Looking for car loan but have some unpaid direct debits on account in last 6 months.

Cashweasel

Hi

My self and my partner are looking to get a car loan for approx €19,000. New baby arrived so need something more suitable than what I drive.

We went to her bank today and we're told that because there were some unpaid direct debits on account in last 6 months that they couldn't even look at application. She has a salary of €30,000 and otherwise unblemished credit record so can anyone recommend possible lender?

Thanks

You could go through one of the manufacturers banks,offered by the dealer such as VW Bank.This would either be a Pcp or a hp type arrangement.
However (!),as a long term user of AAM,I'm going to query if you NEED a new 20 grand car,when you seem to have trouble paying your bills on time.

What price is the car? If you are borrowing the full price then it is just too much, banks will prefer if you are putting up some of the money yourself. Have you a credit union account?

I'm in the market for a new-er car myself and there is a lot of good cars to be found for far less which might make it easier to get a loan.

Hi Van Driver

Thanks for advice. Got me thinking alright that while I would LIKE a €20000 car I dont Need another €20000 of debt...

wbbs you are right about banks, I havent borrowed for a while they have tightened up their criteria alot...

Noice car though! if I had the cash in my back pocket I would be in it now...
:D

Back