Has your AIB to Nationwide UK deposit bounced

Gervan

I have a Nationwide UK (Ireland) regular saver account, which has been fed from my AIB account for some months. Now AIB are using BIC and IBAN instead of bank sort code and account number, the lodgement was bounced back to AIB with the explanation of wrong account number.
This is not a number I put in this month; the payee was set up months ago, so not my error.
AIB (25 minutes on the phone) say Nationwide have to give me a reference. Nationwide don't know anything about that, and have said they will get together with AIB.

Has anyone else had this problem, or have other AIB/ Nationwide UK transfers gone through this month?

A SEPA glitch from what I've seen... I had my regular saver payment bounce last week. You'll need to set up a new standing order (call Nationwide UK to confirm the details before you do) and cancel your existing standing order while you're at it. I think they're using a clearing account at BOI until they go live on SEPA themselves so you have to include your account details in the narrative when setting it up.

A SEPA glitch from what I've seen... I had my regular saver payment bounce last week. You'll need to set up a new standing order (call Nationwide UK to confirm the details before you do) and cancel your existing standing order while you're at it.

You can copy and paste the IBAN and BIC from your Nationwide UK online account.

I think they're using a clearing account at BOI until they go live on SEPA themselves so you have to include your account details in the narrative when setting it up.

I thought that Nationwide UK Ireland now have their own clearing service and have stopped using BoI? That is what I was told previously anyway.

Nationwide UK Ireland called me to say AIB is the only bank they are having problems with. They are in talks.
They are still using a BOI holding account, and gave me the BIC and IBAN to use until this is sorted out. Very helpful, very apologetic (totally unlike AIB) though I don't think it's their fault.
AIB just gave me the runaround, tried to tell me the IBAN couldn't be correct because the bank is international. Blamed first me, then Nationwide.
As the IBAN and BIC are actually correct, will it make any difference to set up again as payee? It's the AIB IT system at fault.

Last edited:
Back