Reasonably Priced Solicitor to Buy House

CorkHombre

I was wondering does anyone know a reasonably priced solicitor to buy a house. I am looking at a house for 350,000 and some solicitors are quoting up to 5,250 Euro (i.e.1.5%). I am in the Cork region but I assume it does not matter what part of the country the solicitor is in.

Have you searched this forum for existing conveyancing solicitor recommendations?

I use a guy in Douglas who is good and reasonable.
For new business he will do you a good deal.
I will PM his details to you

D

CorkHombre said:
I was wondering does anyone know a reasonably priced solicitor to buy a house. I am looking at a house for 350,000 and some solicitors are quoting up to 5,250 Euro (i.e.1.5%). I am in the Cork region but I assume it does not matter what part of the country the solicitor is in.

I used a guy in Mallow that i got through homebuyhomesell.ie and the deal is €999+vat &outlay. The house cost €329 and the fees ended up being €1780 all in. I don't have the berakdown but it was a second hand house and it was all done and dusted in 6 weeks.

Diddles, can you PM me that solicitor's contact details aswell? Did he charge you a % or a flat rate?

Thanks Diddles ... I will give that guy a ring.

Nelly do you have the name of the guy that you used?

Any other recommendations cheaper than €1780?

CorkHombre said:
Any other recommendations cheaper than €1780?
€1,780 for what? Everything? Solicitor's professional conveyancing fee only? Other outlays? Including VAT? Etc. etc.

niall murphy in Ballincollig charges a professional fee of under €1000 irrespective of the value of the house.

I presume that the outlay plus VAT would add around another €1K (depending on certain factors - e.g. Land Registry or Registry of Deeds charges etc.) to give a total bill of c. €2K?

Doody Sol. on South Mall will charge ~€1k +expenses too.
Tel: 021 4270053

I got a very good rate with [broken link removed], and found him very efficient.

Back