Jobs in Athy

Sarah

Can anyone help out here? Have just moved house and the travelling is killing me...up at 6 in the morning for the 6.40 train and if im lucky and the Luas isent late /delayed/non existant that day i may just about make the 4.25 train if i run(not to mention will the Luas to go faster!) I know there is talks and apperantly now funding to the kildare transport system but the train line im on is Waterford train Although Athy is Kildare. The last train on a weekday is 7.30. I know i should have thought it through a bit more travel wise before buying but i like the town otherwise...Anyone any advise or input? Just thought id ask. Was on public jobs.ie but seen nowt!Working in City center at the mo and have been for 5 years in same job!

Hi Sarah,
What kind of work would you be looking for? I work in Naas and have contacts within recruitment who might be able to get you something closer to home (I also happen to live in Athy so I know exactly what you're going through)
Let me know and I'll see if I can help :)

If you have a car, why not try getting to the train station in Kildare town (about 20 min drive). There are plenty of trains during the day. the 6.40 takes 20 mins to get to kildare anyway.
Doesn't exactly answer pour question, just giving another option to get to Dublin

Isn't one of the government departments (finance/revenue??) moving to Athy, would that be possible to look into?
How about opening a decent cafe/restaurant that stays open more than a year? (I'm originally from there if you couldn't tell :)

Back