send an inappropriate image on job application- help!!!

Brenno123

i am after doing the most stupid thing in the world last night and i feel sick with worry.

i applied for a job online and instead of attaching my cv i attached a slightly inappropriate image.....what bad luck....the image is of a side view of a lady in underwear...there in no nudity or anything.

i emailed the job and sincerely apologised and tried calling this morning but the boss if off till tomorrow. the cover letter was obviously a genuine application for a jiob...hopefully they will see that

i am so worried at what they might do?

Well it might make your CV stand out from thr crowd. :)
I'm sure they'll see it as a genuine mistake.

Why are you sick with worry?

Embarrassment yes, but worry no.

The worst that can happen, is that they decide not to call you for interview.

Brendan

Exactly! These applications probably go into a central in-box. Did you not try to use your charm to get through to whoever is responsible for filtering these applications and explianing your position to them. It may well be better to talk to someone at a lower level in the organisation first, and I'm sure they will understand the mistake. If it were me, I'd have a good laugh and accept your explanation. These things happen.

It may well be better to talk to someone at a lower level in the organisation first, and I'm sure they will understand the mistake.

Good idea, get onto reception and start sweet talking.

Although it is an honest mistake, as an employer I would be worried if I got such an attachment from a prospective employee.
The contents wouldn't bother me too much but I would ask myself whether this person can be trusted with important information.

Could they send inappropriate material to an important client by mistake?
If they do not double and treble check when sending such an important document as their cv, what hope is there?

The offensiveness of the attachment is by the by, not checking what you send is the issue.

I'd be of the opinion that you should walk away and never mention the unpleasantness again.

If you did get the job, this episode will follow you around forever. And it will get out.

Put it down as an expensive lesson.

i am after doing the most stupid thing in the world last night and i feel sick with worry.

i applied for a job online and instead of attaching my cv i attached a slightly inappropriate image.....what bad luck....the image is of a side view of a lady in underwear...there in no nudity or anything.

i emailed the job and sincerely apologised and tried calling this morning but the boss if off till tomorrow. the cover letter was obviously a genuine application for a jiob...hopefully they will see that

i am so worried at what they might do?

Prize clown.

And you wonder why Microsoft run a check on face book. Learn and move on.

Stand back from this and do something about it, clean up your act as well your computer.

Welcome to the digital age, check, proof read and check again, then press send.

Back