Singapore $ - Where to invest?

E

eamo27

G'day - Heard on the radio this week that Singapore dollars are safer than € or US$. I'm a newbie and I want to invest in these (10k)- where/how can I buy?

Would it be worth considering purchasing Singapore Dollars (or indeed some of the stronger currencies e.g. Canadian Dollars, etc) & holding by way of protection of deposits in the event of Ireland leaving the euro? Any views or opinions? How would one go about purchasing them.

G'day - Heard on the radio this week that Singapore dollars are safer than € or US$. I'm a newbie and I want to invest in these (10k)- where/how can I buy?

Where would be the best place to purchase foreign currency.

I would hope you have done more research before your decision than simply running off like a lemming just because you heard something from someone who's background you haven't checked on the radio. David Icke could well be on the next show.

What would general opinion be on holding a certain percentage of savings in stronger currencies (singapore$, Canadian$, Danish Krone etc.) and hold in case of Irish return to Punt Nua. Aside from the risk of holding cash at home what am I missing. I understand the currency fx risk but if I strongly believer that Ireland will leave the Euro in the future am I really taking much of a risk by holding maybe 25% of my savings in a strong hard currency.

Back