Please recommend a laptop

T

TheQueen

I need a new laptop and I have limited funds.

I need it for web browsing, music etc

Either online or in Dublin please.

Really appreciate any recommendations

Thank you

Do you have a ballpark figure?
Is screen size an issue?
Do you wish to store much music?

500 would be my absolute max spend but would prefer to spend less!

No too much music, wouldn't need a huge amount of memory.

Is there any specific brands to go to or avoid.

Some of them look ok on Powercity site, would prefer a laptop .

Thanks

Have you looked at PCWorld - I bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop there last year, 17" screen, lotsa memory, lotsa storage. Prices in range with your budget. Look it up online first and compare with the other offerings from Powercity. Also maybe look up Aldi/Lidl - sometimes they have really good laptop offers and their reputation for aftercare is pretty good. Happy hunting! BTW - don't be sold on the 'Healthcare' support sold by the shops - you shouldn't really need it, especially since you have consumer rights.

I use a Dell 1525 which I think is now around your budget. It has 4 GB cache memory (improves internet speeds) & 250 HD. Never had a problem with it.

I've bought from dabs.ie in the past, prices are generally good.
They have 500 different laptops for sale

Select the features you need, sort by price & you'll come up with a short list you can research further.

What laptop really is all about how you'll use it. Will you travel with? Carry it around etc.

Would a small desktop be better - if you were not using it on the go?

Folks, what do ye think of this laptop?

You'd be better getting one with 4GB RAM for internet speed. The 500 GB memory is good.HP have a good reputation, a friend whose business is online only uses HP.

Back