Using telly in outdoor shed.

Sue Ellen

Moderator.
If I want to set up an old telly in our shed and hopefully receive even RTE1 and 2 I'm wondering if any of these aerials shown under the Alternatives heading on the bottom of http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5344204/c_1/1%7Ccat_14419512%7CTelevision+aerials+and+boosters%7C14573578/Trail/searchtext%3ETV+AERIAL.htm (this Argos) page would help the signal in any way? I suppose it would really be something similar to the old rabbits ears that we used years ago that I'm looking for.

Would anything else do the job?

Sue Ellen I am concerned for you, a telly in the shed in this cold weather surely not!!! Have you been arguing with himself again???:)

If I want to set up an old telly in our shed and hopefully receive even RTE1 and 2 I'm wondering if any of these aerials shown under the Alternatives heading on the bottom of http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5344204/c_1/1%7Ccat_14419512%7CTelevision+aerials+and+boosters%7C14573578/Trail/searchtext%3ETV+AERIAL.htm (this Argos) page would help the signal in any way? I suppose it would really be something similar to the old rabbits ears that we used years ago that I'm looking for.

Would anything else do the job?

Depending where you are located you might not need an amplified/powered aerial, such as those linked to, and as you said yourself just the plain old rabbit ears may well suffice. Try them and see.

Agreed, with thinner walls on the shed you are likely to get a better signal in there than you do the house.
Leo

Depending where you are located you might not need an amplified/powered aerial, such as those linked to, and as you said yourself just the plain old rabbit ears may well suffice. Try them and see.

Agreed, with thinner walls on the shed you are likely to get a better signal in there than you do the house.
Leo

That's another problem, where do you buy rabbits ears these days?

I use the fish type aerial from Argos (not the booster one), I'm about 3k from transmitter and digital pics are perfecto. Also picks up analogue, but that'll be gone in 2012. I think the aerial is kinda cute...in an aerial I've got free channels kinda way

Back