Levy Certs and Social welfare payments

simplyjoe

I have a number of clients who are still to do their tax returns who are missing information - from government agencies. People employed by the Dept. of Education are missing their levy certs and social welfare recipients are unable to get details of their income from the DSW. Each employee is enitled to get their P60 and Levy Certs by the 15 February each year and the employers are subject to a fine if they do not adhere to this. The Dept of Education, the HSE and many government depts do not get their P60s out until May and then omit the Levy certs. Makes you wonder what kind of buffoons run these departments. Also DSW have an online ordering system but they have still not processed September requests. Any one with similar experiences.

I was told they were not giving out the Income Levy Certs as it was not in their (payroll dept) job descriptions! Only in the Public Sector.....

I'm a HSE employee in the Mid West and got my pension levy cert, income lecy cert and P60 early in the year. I can't recall the exact date but it was well before May.

I have received p45's from other HSE areas with the 2 certs attached.

I have a number of clients who are still to do their tax returns who are missing information - from government agencies. People employed by the Dept. of Education are missing their levy certs and social welfare recipients are unable to get details of their income from the DSW. Each employee is enitled to get their P60 and Levy Certs by the 15 February each year and the employers are subject to a fine if they do not adhere to this. The Dept of Education, the HSE and many government depts do not get their P60s out until May and then omit the Levy certs. Makes you wonder what kind of buffoons run these departments. Also DSW have an online ordering system but they have still not processed September requests. Any one with similar experiences.

I faced this earlier in the year and was extremely suprised that some teachers I dealt with got p60 and no levy cert. When i looked for the form a lot of people had no idea that they should have got it same time as P60 . It took two to three weeks to get the information(this was last May/June as each person had to ring up to get levy cert part) Maybe in 2011 the levy cert should be put on back of P60 so it is only one piece of paper.

In regard to social welfare- I always send the person down to Social office to get as otherwise they might never get it

Back