Freezer repair man

Purple

My freezer (Electrolux) is making lots of noise and it's not keeping cold (as it should).
Can anyone recommend a repair person in Dublin?

Last edited:
contact cannon/hotpoint/creda direct, they have a team on the road (a bit pricy about 118euro) but they are very good and will carry all the kit required for your repair, could it still be under parts warranty?

I called an Authorised repair company. Their engineer said (over the phone) that it would be cheaper to buy a new one. A new one costs €657 and all it needs is a new motor. How can a motor plus a few hours labour cost more than that?!

This is shocking indeed. If you get back to the manufacturers with the info from the Authorised Service man, you may get some positive results ....... by mentioning the fact that you are going public on a forum unless you get a result.

Hi Purple,

You could try ringing www.mastercare.ie and explain the situation to them. They are very good on advice.

Its a long time since I used Paul Harding for washing machine repair. AFAIK he also does fridge freezers but if not he should be able to recommend someone. He is excellent and no. is 01-4933778. Tell him the story to-date and he will let you know if it is worthwhile.

Back