Triple Glazed Windows

F

flyier

Has anyone any expierice with Austrian Windows. I am currently building a new house and looking to install tripple glazed windows, am more determined than ever after the recent cold spell! I came across a company called Homepro that supply and install them in Ireland. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Re: Tripple Glazed Windows

Some people come to this forum supposedly asking for advice yet miraculously knowing the name of a company supplying what they're interested in.

Allow me to point you in the alternative direction of Grady Joinery

"...the first company in Ireland to receive an Energy Certificate from NSAI (National Standards Authority Ireland) under the WEP (Window Energy Performance Scheme) for it’s A Rated 0.8 U-Value uPVC Windows."

A-rated windows - what more could you ask for?

:D

No connection - saw them at Plan-Expo 2009.

FWIW

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

Thanks anyway ONQ, but I wasn't looking for alternatives, but simply if anyone has has any dealings with Homepro? I have done my homework on Windows and know what is out there. Before I take the next step I would like to see if anyone has any feedback on them.

I had homepro windows installed (they have a local agent now I believe) but at the time was in direct contact with Andrea.

I'm happy with them, search here for previous discussions. We went and saw windows in the hotel they supplied and then another individual house. Probably didnt do as much research as you imply, but IMHO they were better for our needs in comparison to Rational or Dansk (sp?). At the time we almost went with swedex (sp?) who went burst and the lead in time of such windows was a cause of concern for the overall project. Obviously price was another factor and we were happy with it and what we got when you look at the quotes from the likes of marvin. Windows where only slightly delayed, not really andrea's fault. Solid (ie very heavy), cant recall the U value but we went with triple glazed.

The installation wasnt straight forward but that wasnt completely homepro's fault, eventually got the issue sorted. Just from that experience, make sure the window opening is complete (i.e including cills etc) before they measure.

I'm sure there are others out there than can give you their experience. Also check their website for other projects in ireland.

Bets of luck

S.

.... Just from that experience, make sure the window opening is complete (i.e including cills etc) before they measure.

...two comments I'd make on this:

1. Why can't people read and stick to, drawings ?

2. Why wait 'til the building is up, and then how long is the wait........4/6/8/10 weeks ? It's a complete waste of time having a house up, and stuck, waiting for windows, and bringing all work to a halt in the interim. There is no reason this stuff can't be ordered in advance, and delivered to site, 'just in time' for fitting - i.e. just as soon as the structure is up.

If you had 'hassle' fitting yours, it makes me wonder.........

Hi Suzie,

Thank you your original reply. It sounds promising. Its a lot of money to hand over for windows, but I think it will be worth it in the end. I'll hold off just yet to see if I get any more feedback reagrding them.

Hi Guys,

Just following up on this again. Just to clarify HomePro are agents for Bruckner windows from Austria.
Has anyone got any experience with Bruckner windows?

Thats what I have installed, though if I recall correctly the website depicts other manufacturers/products. Whether they push them I dont know.

S.

Actually scratch that idea, we have now gone with a Norwegian manufacturer after hearing that Homepro has gone into liquidation. Lucky escape :)

Lived in Austria - I can recommend Hrachowina windows, they even have an office in Ireland.
Mind you, Austrian windows open to the INSIDE not outside like your normal Irish window. Still can't get used to that opening outside but at least you don't ahve to remove the stuff from the window sill when you want to open it.
WIndows can usualy be tilted open which I do miss here.

Back