TRS Query

Kine

Hi,

I recently received a letter in teh post from First Active telling me due to changes in TRS, my mortgage was changing from X to Y.

The change is an increase of €200 or so (i.e. a TRS decrease of €200). What are the reasons this might happen?

A little background:

Mortgage taken out Oct 2007 fixed at 5.29% for 2 years. Came off this fixed onto a tracker (+1.15% I think) last November or so. Received a letter at the time telling me what new mortgage was with TRS etc.

New letter received last Friday telling me that my TRS was reducing €200.

One thought I had was that because I was paying less interest now I'm on a tracker, this has reduced my TRS. However, assuming ECB increase rates, does that mean my TRS will increase (depending whether it's still applicable at 22.5/20%)?

Or am I missing something totally obvious?

HAve tried ringing Revenue TRS line, but keep getting told that noone is available to take my call and disconnected!

Your assumption is correct kine, you will get relief on the first €10,000 of interest payable, if your interest payable has fallen due to the lower rate tracker then your TRS will also fall. Conversely if your interest payments increase due to to ECB then your TRS will also increase.

[broken link removed]

Back