Travel Insurance??? Cancel my flight???

dieselhead

Hi All,

I am writing to you asking about possibly canceling or changing the date of my flight.

Several weeks ago my girlfriend and I booked tickets to Canada with great intentions of going, but just yesterday my girlfriend got a great job offer and she cant turn it down and to be honest with the economic climate we have at the moment it would be a silly thing to do. But I was wondering if it would be possible to get insurance and cancel the flights or even to change the dates? I do know that when I booked the flights that I was told that the tickets were not refundable, non exchangeable non transferable and a whole heap of other nons.

Has anyone any ideas? oh ya I booked with Canadian Affair and we are flying with Airtransat if that is any help.

Thanks

Canceling flight!!! help

Hi All,

I am writing to you asking about possibly canceling or changing the date of my flight.

Several weeks ago my girlfriend and I booked tickets to Canada with great intentions of going, but just yesterday my girlfriend got a great job offer and she cant turn it down and to be honest with the economic climate we have at the moment it would be a silly thing to do. But I was wondering if it would be possible to get insurance and cancel the flights or even to change the dates? I do know that when I booked the flights that I was told that the tickets were not refundable, non exchangeable non transferable and a whole heap of other nons.

Has anyone any ideas? oh ya I booked with Canadian Affair and we are flying with Airtransat if that is any help.

Thanks

I don't imagine any insurance company will offer you insurance to cover the cost of voluntarily changing your plans. What would be the benefit to the insurance company?

So your asking do you think the insurance company will let you defraud them? Because thats what you are implying. You already know you wont be going but you want to insurance out to cover you in the event you werent going??!!
Either way it doesnt matter because no policy would even cover the eventuality you are proposing!

Why do you feel it necessary to duplicate your post under a different heading?

Back