Sealed Vacate Of Previous Mortgage

BountyHunter

Hi all,

Is 3 years a long time to wait for a sealed vacate of a previous mortgage on my property, according to my solicitor he has contacted the vendors solicitor a number of times with no sealed vacate delivered, even though the vendors solicitors have indicated that the previous mortgage was cleared? Any advice would be great?

BountyHunter.

three years? someone is not doing their job. I would reckon a week is about right as most institutions would do sealing at least once a week

Three years is way too long. Any number of things could have happened: vendors solicitor could have lost it, original lender could have lost it, the previous mortgage may never have been paid off, anything really. Your solicitor should call in the vendor's solicitors undertaking given on closing to redeem the vendor's mortgage and furnish vacated mortgage. If there is something amiss, it will show up. If its as simple as someone has lost the vacated mortgage, the lender can execute a release and that is sufficient.

mf

Thanks for the replies guys.
I've contacted the vendors lending institution who have told me that a vacate was indeed sent to the vendors solicitors, so I'm just confused as to why it wasn't passed on to my solicitor after 3+ years? This may seem a stupid question but if the vendors solicitors have lost the paperwork can they not just request another copy from the lending institution?

BountyHunter.

Back