E700 shower supply and fit. Good value?

nbc

Hi,
I hope to put an electric shower in ensuite. Currently gravity fed shower in place. No electrical connection for shower so that needs to be done and a triton xr 90 will be supplie. I think 700 is a little steep?Any opinions or even recommendations for a plumber(dub).
Thanks
nbc

i just bought a trition t90 xr for 215 in portlaoise last week.... but thats a heavily dicounted price.. the usualy price was between 250-300... this is for a pumped element shower...

i suppose the work involved depends on the on site conditions.

but 400 for what would be less than 3 hours work is high....

you will certainly get a better price

How is it 3 hours work?

Running cable from shower to switch, from switch to mcb at board, all these things cost money and an electricain will have to do that part.

Running pipe from shower to cold water storage tank, to include tank connector and isolation valve and whatever fittings are needed.

All these things cost money and the €400 won't be long getting dented.

OP, get a few more quotes and compare.

i assumed 3 hours because i got mine done in 2...

wifes brothers are sparks and plumber... no problem..

I would say it was steep. Got one done a couple of years ago - when charges were higher! Not sure on the electrican costs but the shower T90 was about €230 and the plumber charged €50.

How much is he doing? Is he gonna wire it too? If so then it doesn't seem to bad. But if he's just gonna supply it and plumb it then 450 should be max price.

I would say it was steep. Got one done a couple of years ago - when charges were higher! Not sure on the electrican costs but the shower T90 was about €230 and the plumber charged €50.

Your plumber charged €50 for a few hours work.

I got a labourer for a half day last week to cut some hedges and he charged me €50.

OP I think €700 is a not bad price for what it is...

How is it 3 hours work?

Running cable from shower to switch, from switch to mcb at board, all these things cost money and an electricain will have to do that part.

Running pipe from shower to cold water storage tank, to include tank connector and isolation valve and whatever fittings are needed.

All these things cost money and the €400 won't be long getting dented.

OP, get a few more quotes and compare.
davey jones is spot on if there are no services in place already its a lot more than 3 hrs work. Sometimes on this site id love to live on the same planet as some of the previous posters

bring up the tile situation with the plumber before he starts , it can often be a problem, price is withinreason, distance from fuseboard, if 2 electric showers, route of cable, has he included a tiler if needed.

Back