Cheaper on open market?

reds

I noticed in a property supplement yesterday that apartments at Arena Court and Priorsgate in Tallaght have dropped substantially in price.

The two bedroom apartments are now 210,000 and include all appliances and tiling etc.
The one beds are around 178,000 if I remember correctly.

Just curious, is this less than people paid for affordable apartments in the same development?

that's what's going to happen. The open market is going to fall faster than the affordable housing. But can't you get a 1 bed in citywest for €127 AH. Even on the open market theres a 1 bed in chapelizod for €160 and ongar, d15 for €150 and i'm sure you can negotiate lower on these.

Yes it's much cheaper. I was offered a 2 bed in priorsgate in 2007 for €280k. Even then there were 2 beds going around the corner for same price on the open market.

and don't forget the deposit too - i know with me that was always going to be the problem. I certainly didn't have 20k++ whereas the the ah its only a 3k deposit needed!

yes its the same with me its all well for people to say buy on the open market but I wont be able to afford that big €20K or whatever

yes its the same with me its all well for people to say buy on the open market but I wont be able to afford that big €20K or whatever

Well saving a hefty deposit means a lower mortgage.

I don't understand the reason for affordable housing now you can buy the same property, fully kitted out, for less on the open market.

You can sell it when it suits you with no clawback and rent it when you want.

Well for me i've bought a house that i plan on living in and making a home out of! I have no intention of selling up in 5 years time or renting out any of the rooms either! Yes, it may mean a lower mortgage by paying a heafty deposit but for some people, that kind of money is just not possible! A 10% deposit on my house would have been 23k and thats not far off a years wages for me!!

Back