Electric Shower - Advice needed

• Thread starter KingOfSpades
  • Start date
K

KingOfSpades

Hi, I need to replace an old Triton T90 which is on its last legs after 15 years of service. Have read up on other threads and got good information on various types. Was looking to see what is out there and came across the Triton T90xr which is a 'Pumped Electric Shower'. Can anyone advise me if this would be a suitable replacement and if it is worth spending the extra for the 'Pumped' version (as distinct from the T80xr which from what I can see is not pumped). The connection will be to the tank in the attic same as the old one. Basically I am trying to understand why an attic tank fed shower would need a pump ? Also where would one go to get the best deal on such a shower ? DIY stores ???
Thanks for any help

The T90xr is the more modern T90. You can swap them.

The T90xr is cistern fed. Depending on distance from top of shower head to top of tank static pressure may not be great, hence the pump.

The T80xr is a mains fed shower. Mains pressure is much higher than tank fed pressure. spot the differance between the cold (mains) and hot (storage tank) taps at your kitchen sink.

A T80xr will not work properly from a tank and the T90xr would not on mains.

Ok that makes sense now. So is there such a thing as a non-pumped shower which can be used on a system which is fed from the attic tank or should I just go with the pumped. The attic tank is raised up maybe 3 foot in the attic and the top of the shower would be maybe 1-2 foot from the ceiling below this. Also any ideas where to buy ?
Thanks for the quick reply.

someone on this board recommended the following place - the prices seem fantastic. [broken link removed]

I'm doing up my bathroom in the next few months. I currently have a shower over the bath, a Triton t90 which gave up as soon as it heard me talking about doing up the bathroom! I'm hoping to put in a corner shower unit with an electric shower. Our mains water pressure is good so I wonder would we be better going for a Triton t80 or what's the t100, does anyone know? That's the one problem about buying online, you need to know exactly what you're looking for. Any advice for the knowledgable??

someone on this board recommended the following place - the prices seem fantastic. [broken link removed]

I'm doing up my bathroom in the next few months. I currently have a shower over the bath, a Triton t90 which gave up as soon as it heard me talking about doing up the bathroom! I'm hoping to put in a corner shower unit with an electric shower. Our mains water pressure is good so I wonder would we be better going for a Triton t80 or what's the t100, does anyone know? That's the one problem about buying online, you need to know exactly what you're looking for. Any advice for the knowledgable??

I did up my bathroom last year, took out a T90 pumped electric shower (fed from water tank in attic) and put in a T100xr (mains fed), only problem I find is if the washing m/c and dishwasher were on at the same time the water pressure may be too low for the shower to operate properly. As there's no pump in the T100 is grand and quiet,have had no issues with it so far (touches wood). Hope this helps.

BountyHunter.

Thanks for the advice, Bounty. The T100 sounds like what we should go for. We run the dishwasher in the evening, same with the washing machine so hopefully the water pressure wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks again.

Ok that makes sense now. So is there such a thing as a non-pumped shower which can be used on a system which is fed from the attic tank or should I just go with the pumped. The attic tank is raised up maybe 3 foot in the attic and the top of the shower would be maybe 1-2 foot from the ceiling below this. Also any ideas where to buy ?
Thanks for the quick reply.

You have at best 9 ft of static head pressure. This is very poor. you will need a pump if you continue to use your tank. Mira elite ST is also suitable for your current set up although it has a pump and preformance is probably similar to T90xr.

You could also disconnect shower line from tank and connect to mains in attic/hotpress etc. you could then go for a non pumped shower.
See posts above for things to consider.

Back