Money not dispensed from ATM, Advice please

U

up them scht

Hi all,

I'm a bit of a wreck at the moment. I went to pay rent at lunch and I went to take out €540 from the ATM. When I made my selection I also asked for a reciept. Large amount of cash etc. Anyway, my money never came out neither did my reciept. So i tried again no luck and then the machine said it was out of order.

I checked my online account and it said I have been debited the full amount above. I rang the branch and because i'm not an AIB customer I have to get Bank Of Ireland to contact them on my behalf. Disaster. My only glimer of hope is that I heard that ATM machines balance themselves up at night and considering the money nor the reciept came out i'm hoping that the error will be spotted. Has anybody experienced this? Or heard anything like this?

Yep i have, and yes the machine has to balance out.. You'll get your money back. Happens all the time.

There are a few previous threads on this subject if you want to have a read. As far as I can recall it can take some time for the matter to be sorted out.

This happened to me a few years ago in an instore ATM machine. Now the amount was only €20. When I checked my account the next day there was a debit followed by a credit. I didn't have to call anyone.

Back