Bought Car Without Knowing It Was on HP

Why not ask the garage if you can give a deposit which will be refundable in the instance that the cheque does not clear. That way you can secure the car will not be sold to someone else, but should the cheque to the HP co not clear or there be any problems you can get your money back. If they agree get it in writing that the deposit is fully refundable.
The fax is clearly a legit one from bank to dealer, detailing the previous HP owners name/ref no. etc...
The dealers been around about 8 years, has two dealerships etc...its a fairly safe bet they won't cancel the cheque, right!?
the dealer may have been around 8 years, but I thought the cheque was from the orig buyer to clear HP????? If I were you I would wait til cheque clears and get it in writing that all HP is cleared before you complete the sale.

Ok, so I've been faxed the Banks reciept of cheque...it hasn't cleared yet, but they've recieved it...The fax is clearly a legit one from bank to dealer, detailing the previous HP owners name/ref no. etc...
The dealers been around about 8 years, has two dealerships etc...its a fairly safe bet they won't cancel the cheque, right!?

Cheers,
PB

Whats the rush?

Hey,

Went ahead....it was a great deal, and I didn't want to lose it - wouldn't've got nearly as good a car for the same money had I have waited...

Called motorcheck and they confirmed the cheque has cleared which is great news - I had started to worry about my impulse buy!

Thanks for all the advise..
PB

Back