Restaurant Cork City Sunday Night

Anto318

Hi all,

I'm going on a first date Sunday night and would like some suggestions for a nice intimate, romantic restaurant is Cork city or even surrounding areas.

Any food expect Thai would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Greene's behind Isaac's on MacCurtain street is my favourite. Biased towards seafood and with a few choice corners ;)

Famous Seamus's Ivory Tower if you want to really impress her, though I'd wait til at least the second or third outing.

Rossini's (Cook St., I think) is a pretty nice Italian

Hi all,

I'm going on a first date Sunday night and would like some suggestions for a nice intimate, romantic restaurant is Cork city or even surrounding areas.

Any food expect Thai would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Expect Thai? I assume that should read "expect Thigh". Optimistic, aren't we! ;)

Just back and I had the best meal I've had in a long time last night in Augustines www.augustines.ie and the food was superb. We couldn't decide what to have for desert so they gave us a "big sample" of everything for €7.50 each - fantastic value. The highlights were the quail salad for starter, the duck with sweet potato and peach for main and the lemon panacotta for desert.
o our table 3 times to check if we were ok, not in an intrusive way btw. We couldn't decide what to have for desert so they gave us a "big sample" of everything for €7.50 each - fantastic value. The highlights were the quail salad for starter, the duck with sweet potato and peach for main and the lemon panacotta for desert.

Mrs. Foutish and myself go to Barry's in Douglas every few months. The food is great, the staff are friendly, it won't break the bank and you can drink at your table all night, if you want, without having to retire to the bar. And there's always a fleet of taxis right outside the door.

star anise on bridge street is a great restaurant, excellent produce, great prices and a great location - can't recommend it highly enough

Back