Redundancy advice?

Metafora

Hi,
Unfortunately i received news recently that the company i work for will be closing down within the next 2 years. I have a couple of questions that i hope the good folk here could give me some advice on or point me in the right direction!

1) Advice on redundancy packages from Independant source
Approx 1/3 of the staff are not members of a union so we will not be formally at the "negotiation table". We would like to get in contact with somebody that can advise us on redundancy matters. Has anyone recommendations on this? We are willing to pay suitably experienced person for their services.
e.g Someone that can advise us on what we should be looking for in our package as unions needs will slightly differ from ours.

2) Current redundancy deals for large multinational pharma companies
Anyone here know what kind of packages (weeks/year working, retainers etc) are being offered for pharmas at the moment. I know it will vary but it would be great to get an idea of what would be acceptable /fair.

Thanks

Surely whatever Union agrees you should given as well ....

Have you a pension scheme, you may need an actuary

On your initial question, check for industrial relations lawyers , see if they cover redundancies

Anyone here know what kind of packages (weeks/year working, retainers etc) are being offered for pharmas at the moment. I know it will vary but it would be great to get an idea of what would be acceptable /fair.

Thanks
Statutory + 4-6weeks/year-of-service is typical for US multi-nationals

Back