Shankill, South Dublin

T

torero

Hi Eveyone,

We were looking at houses in Shankill, does anyone know what kind of area it is. We have noticed that there was many council houses or former concil houses around. Does anyone know about any particular problems in this area?

Thx

Re: Shankill south Dublin Buying a house

This has been caused by <reference to named individual removed>. They caused this problem.

Blaming a single estate agent for high prices in Shankill sounds like a bit of a stretch. It's proximity to Dublin, Wicklow and the DART would have more to do with it. Estate agents everywhere try to get the highest prices they can.

Can you offer any evidence to support your claims?

Hello

Shankill is a fantistic place to live and bring up children. Check out the small estates on both side of Corbawn Lane, as well as Quinns Road.

Considering the great location, amenities and access to public transport, there is some great value to be had in the area at the moment.

SM

Hi Guys

Thanks for feed back. The loction where we were looking at houses is just behind Rathsallagh and it appers we would have to walk pass this area to get to the dart. We drove by tonight and everything seems quiet apart from a few noisy lads beside the Spar shop. We also thought the lighting was not so good alongside the estate. So we will think about it before considering to put an offer on the house.

If you were thinking of Shankill I would look more towards Corbawn, Quinns Road if you can afford it (I'm sure there are loads of other nice areas also).... I remember when I started looking there I was told to try to keep to the right hand side of Corbawn Lane heading towards the sea..... Rathsallagh had a rep before but I think it's fairly settled now.....

Personally I lived on Corbawn Drive and loved every minute of it.... Shankill has good facilities, parkland with good new playground, coastal walks etc.... Access to town is great with the DART/bus corridors and M50, M11 is only minutes away..... as mentioned earlier it is a good place to bring up kids..... We reluctantly left due to relocating down the country and we do miss it. It's safe to say that if we decided to move back to Dublin we would look first in this area....

Best Of Luck with it.....

PS To balance some of the previous comments on <reference to named individual removed> I remember a house went up for sale on our road with them and they achieved a certain offer price (I won't mention it).... 2 weeks later there was a DNG sign outside the same house - the vendor was persuaded to move agent and got 40K more - this was in the height of the boomtimes..... I think it's fair to say all agents pushed for the higher prices and you can't just single out one particular one....

<reference to named individual removed>

Hmmmm seems a little personal to me..... I just tried to bring a bit of balance to your argument.... <reference to named individual removed>

As for the real reason for the post - Shankill overall is a great area to live!!!!

Torero, if you find a house that you like in the area, in an estate that you like and can afford it and plan on staying there for a while then go for it....

Re: Shankill, South Dublin, Buying a house

Please stay on topic and discuss what its like to live in Shankill here.

I have removed references to named individuals.

aj (moderator)

I can recommend Shankill. I used to live nearby in Killiney. Rathsallagh is a little dodgy but aside from that the area is fine. I know someone living in the Castlefarm estate very nice and family friendly

Back