St Edmunds, Palmerstown

F

ftb_eeek

My sister just put a booking deposit down on a 1 bed in St. Edmunds beside Liffey Valley. Cost : 300k

Just wondering what people think of this development? Location? Price?

Just to clarify, this development is NOT in Palmerstown. It's on the most easterly edge of Lucan, adjacent to Clondalkin and the Liffey Valley shopping centre.

There is meant to be a drug rehab centre built on the triangle of land opposite the entrance to St. Edmunds. This has been at the proposal stage for the last 5/6 years so if, and when, it happens is anyones guess.

Thanks Howitzer. I agree its not really Palmertown but since that's what they are advertising it as I thought I better stick with it!

[broken link removed]

Damn developers, brutal at directions. They must be all men. If only they'd just asked someone where they were first.

St Edmunds is also adjacent to a permanent travellers camp and some sort of prison (not St Lomans hospital). The development is going to eventually have nearly 600 units against the wishes of Bord Planeala who had recommended no more than 450. Having looked at the plans though the units seem big enough so I guess they're simply building them higher.

cut and pasted from another board:

There's a section of land directly across the road from the main entrance to St. Edmunds. Planning permission has been granted for a drug treatment clinic (along with a pharmacy and creche):

Personally, I'm not mad about the location. It's as far on the edge of Lucan as it could possibly be, and I wouldn't be too surprised if An Post decided to put it in Palmerstown or Clondalkin. The traffic on St. Loman's road and onto the N4 is bad at peak times (and on weekends), and putting another development here doesn't help.

There's a permanent traveller's camp beside the development. Wouldn't bother me too much, except that often (especially in Winter) they light large fires, leaving the entire Quarryvale area covered in smoke and stinking like burning tyres.

Marie M, you are bang on about the travellers camp and the large fires. The smoke billows down from that place.

Personally, I would be surprised if the drug centre goes ahead until the last property is sold in that St. Edmunds.

I would agree that there is better value to be had locally (if you really wanted to live there)

I spoke to my EA today about it being in Palmerstown, and he laughed and said that he had looked into it. St. Loman's hospital was always Palmerstown, Dublin 20, and as they are on the old site, albeit to the very back of the old site, thats where they are getting the address.

I am wondering where their access out is going to be, is it at the back where the entrance to the building site is now (on St. Loman's road) or directly onto the N4.

The traffic on St. Lomans road is is already a nightmare!!!

I live in Liffey Valley Park and one of the good things about the estate was that we had right of way out of the estate onto the roundabout between ourselves and Mount Andrew. Recently, it has still taken me a fair bit of time to get from the Estate onto the roundabout at the Arc.

Just imagine the traffic when St. Edmunds is finished. My house is for sale, so hopefully might be out and not have to find out.

Damn developers, brutal at directions. They must be all men. If only they'd just asked someone where they were first.

St Edmunds is also adjacent to a permanent travellers camp and some sort of prison (not St Lomans hospital). The development is going to eventually have nearly 600 units against the wishes of Bord Planeala who had recommended no more than 450. Having looked at the plans though the units seem big enough so I guess they're simply building them higher.

An Bord Pleanala have the final say, so they granted permission which in my opinion is a ridiculous decision squeezing in all those extra units. It's going to create even more traffic mayhem.

I see they can't even spell Palmerstown right in the brochure!

The cottages at the travellers camp are known as fonthill cottages, palmerstown. tahts why st. edmunds is palmerstown.

I live in Liffey Valley Park and one of the good things about the estate was that we had right of way out of the estate onto the roundabout between ourselves and Mount Andrew.

I can't figure this one out.. How can you have right of way onto a roundabout?

I am talking about getting out of the Estate in the mornings and turning towards the ARC roundabout at Liffey Valley when everybody is heading towards town. Traffic is always backlogged heading towards the ARC Bar. Because there is a roundabout outside our Estate as opposed to a right turn, traffic has to yield to those taking the right turn onto the roundabout so we get out quicker than say, Mount Andrew, who will be taking this as a left turn and often have to rely on somebody considerate to let them out.

Those who live near or take this route in the mornings will know what I mean.

I am talking about getting out of the Estate in the mornings and turning towards the ARC roundabout at Liffey Valley when everybody is heading towards town. Traffic is always backlogged heading towards the ARC Bar. Because there is a roundabout outside our Estate as opposed to a right turn, traffic has to yield to those taking the right turn onto the roundabout so we get out quicker than say, Mount Andrew, who will be taking this as a left turn and often have to rely on somebody considerate to let them out.

Those who live near or take this route in the mornings will know what I mean.

i also live in your estate and agree, the roundabout is a big help getting out. st edmunds will have the same problem getting on to that road as Mount Andrew.

1 bed in St. Edmunds beside Liffey Valley. Cost : 300k

Just wondering what people think of this development? Price?

Sorry to be dragging this up again, but I was interested in this development (and did a quick search) after hearing that they are now selling 1 bed apartments for €145k . That is an unreal drop in price since October 2006.

What is the area like? I was living in Mount Andrew for a while and thought it was a nice enough spot and remember the St. Edmunds development as it was only starting.

Did the drug treatment clinic open?

No it didnt open, and I really doubt it ever will. It is a very residential area now and I cannot see it ever getting the go ahead.

No it didnt open, and I really doubt it ever will. It is a very residential area now and I cannot see it ever getting the go ahead.

It is built, finished and open from what I can see? Well there is a building there more or less opposite St. Edmunds where the planning permission sign was for the drug clinic. I only pass at night, so cant see if there are people there during the day.

Read in the local paper that they are now applying for (may have already done) planning permission for a 17 bed residential unit for - difficult teenagers, I think but cant be sure on the same plot (adjacent site)

That is some drop price wise - the apartments looked well finished, but the area was vast.

I lived almost in that area going back a couple of years (was one of the people objecting to the drug clinic) and would rate the area as okish. Cant comment on st. edmunds itself, but it looks like there is still a fair amount to sell.

Good location for coming out onto the n4 though.

Back