Broken dishwasher

Saudi

Hi,

Anyone any experience with Powerpoint integrated dishwashers?

Just bought a house and the dishwasher was included in the sale. Only in the place 3 weeks and the dishwasher is bust! The door won't stay closed, keeps popping open (worked for 2 weeks), I took the panel off last night and the latch seems too stiff and isn't catching.

Who would you call to get that fixed, a plumber??

Don't think I would get a powerpoint if we were getting a replacement, they don't seem reliable!

Register with ukwhitegoods.co.uk and post your query on their forum together with the make and model no.

They will be able to advise if its a diy fix (and can sell you the parts) or professional fix - or if its worth fixing at all.

I'd be surprised if a UK site had much info about Powerpoint dishwashers - they are made in Ireland and I don't think they are sold in the UK.
We had one in a rented house - pretty basic - really noisy and probably the cheapest the landlord could get.
Cut your losses now and get a new one - I would recommend Bosch or Siemens myself.

I Had a powerpoint dishwasher and part of the top tray snapped off so it was really unstable, there was a distruibuter company address that you could contact it was on the warrenty and manual that came with it. It was in dublin somewhere. ive changed it since but if you go to power city they stock them they should be able to tell you who supplies them. i think they were a cheaper version of a more well known brand.

Powerpoint appliances have been discussed on this site before- not good news I'm afraid. My parents bought one from new and it was a waste of time. Stick with Bosch, De Detreich, Miele etc.

I was wondering why I wasn't able to find any reviews of it other than Irish websites.

Very frustrating as the dishwasher appears to work grand other than this one piece, it is very noise though, have tracked down two numbers for powerpoint but have a bad feeling their customer service won't be up to much considering how small they are.

Our gas cooker is also power point :(

I recently moved into a house with a Powerpoint washer/dryer (total rubbish), the good folks on ukwhitegoods were able to tell me it's actually made by Servis & they were able to get me a user manual.
perhaps the dishwasher is also a servis in disguise, they may be able to help on that site...
good luck!

Back