New website for recommending builders

M

MARKMO

Can someone tell me the name of a new website launched last week that is purely for reporting on builders etc who provide a bad service in Ireland? It was featured on Newstalk 106 and I cant for the life of me remember the address.

Re: New website

To be clear- the site is for reporting builders who do a good service.

Re: New website

To be clear- the site is for reporting builders who do a good service.
Not necessarily, you can leave comments and theres marks out of 5 given on the following, 1 being poor, 5 being excellent

Product/Service Range [?]
Staff Knowledge [?]
Value for Money [?]
Customer Service [?]
Availability/Delivery [?]

anyone can create a username and log in and give a rating. I know what Id do if a service I was running was up there.

Thanks C2H5OH. I could not for the life of me remember it.

MARKMO said:
Can someone tell me the name of a new website launched last week that is purely for reporting on builders etc who provide a bad service in Ireland? It was featured on Newstalk 106 and I cant for the life of me remember the address.
If you come across this website will you notify me. i run the website [broken link removed] and am always interested in related sites. Please beware that some reports may be false and some maybe from disgruntled customers. Contrary to popular belief not all builders are cowboys! but some advice for you when undertaking any form of construction 1) research your tradesman. 2) get references, 3)Go and see previous work undertaken. 4) get a detailed written quotation. 5) Get a written payment schedule. 6) NEVER pay for the job until you are entirely satisfied. I myself am a builder with 27 years experience. i wont say ive seen everything but i have seen a lot of things. if you stick to the above rules you will be reducing the likelihood of any nasty surprises!
Regards,
Steve

is the question you are asking,why is the name not tradeswomen? if yes then 1) i have a fairly up to date edition of the oxford english dictionary and there isn't a listing for tradeswomen. 2) the definition of tradesman = noun.a PERSON engaged in trading or a trade, typically on a small scale. 3) man = noun. there are 5 definitions, but No. 4 is a person. No. 5 is human beings in general. Definition of MEN = plural of man

Well said tradesmen, I really don't see the point of Clubman making these pedantic remarks! Obviously too much time on his hands, as have I this morning.

I believe the correct terminology nowadays is " tradesperson " as this can cover all eventualities.

again, no such word as tradesperson in my dictionary! lets not get hung up on terminology. We all know what we mean and what we want.TRADESMAN = noun. "A PERSON ENGAGED IN TRADING OR A TRADE"
joe soap language- tradesman = someone to undertake work or repairs to my property or associated items in the home! any if you are looking for such a tradesman / men / woman / person / ? go onto my website [broken link removed] and tell all your friends about it!
Regards,
Steve

I have recommended your site already! Think I did a search for a painter in my area and that came up on first page of google.. Seems very well put together - best of luck with it!

Back