Payment of tax for 2014 - ROS

eiko

Hi,

I signed up for Income Tax as of January this year. I registered for ROS and, being new and green to all of this was hoping to use their online calculator to calculate my tax liability for the year. I earn most of my annual income in the first six months of the year, and as such was hoping to pay my tax liablility for 2014 now. I went on to the ROS site and to Form 11 which is the one I assume I have to fill in but it only has the form for years up to 2013. My questions are:

1. Can I pay my tax for 2014 at this stage?
2. Can I do it online (using a calculator if possible) and if so how?

Thank you.

Eiko

ROS wont allow you do 2014 now.
Are you self employed?

I believe there are online calculators available but I for one would not use them.

Depending on your knowledge of the tax system, you could use the 2013 form, using the ROS offline option and 'do the math', adjusting for changes in whatever differences there were in 14 vs 13

Yes, I am self employed but with low earnings. It will be very straightforward accounting but I'd like to know I've accounted for everything thus the reasoning for using ROS. Will it be 2015 before I can do the 2014 calculation online using ROS?
I'll look into the offline option you suggest.

Thanks

I believe so but you can either call them or email them, they are very helpful.
I will PM you the details in case its verboten here

Just happened to be in ROS just now and I see that there is a facility within there to pay preliminary tax for 2014: its not a calculation, just a way to pay.
Am thinking if you have a stab at what you thing you owe you could park the mula there, out of harms way:)

I have a screen shot but cant upload it:(

Back