Has anyone used Prima Finance to get them a mortgage?

PatK

I need to get a mortgage soon and was just wondering if anyone has any feedback on using PrimaFinance.ie If they do most of the work for you and get the cheapest mortgage then I might as well go with them. Did they get you the cheapest mortgage available?

There's so much competition at the present time, I cannot understand why one woudl ned a broker/agent to get the mortgage, when you can get it for no cost at one of the many institutions selling them. Why not give your current bankers a shout, then shop around and go back to them tellin gthen you have gt a better deal. they may Match it.

I didn't use them for my original mortgage but did for a re-mortgage.As a result I got my legal fees for free(1000Euro)I did have to pay for searches etc which came to around 230 Euro.I think they also do a very cheap deal on Legal fees if you're getting a standard mortgage.I've no complaints but be sure to complete all the paper work correctly first time as it can slow things up sending mail to and Fro.The 1000Euro I saved is sending us on holidays this April!

Ravima said:
There's so much competition at the present time, I cannot understand why one woudl ned a broker/agent to get the mortgage, when you can get it for no cost at one of the many institutions selling them. Why not give your current bankers a shout, then shop around and go back to them tellin gthen you have gt a better deal. they may Match it.
This was my attitude when I was shopping for mine. However, once you decide which institutions product works best for you and determine that you qualify for it, then go to a few brokders and ask for some cashback along with this deal. I got 400 notes this way..

Thanks for all responses; I guess since I've heard nothing bad about PrimaFinance then I'll just let them do the negotiating & see if my own bank will match their rate.
Happy New Year!

i used them for the mortgage protection policy and found their rate through Hibernian was €5 cheaper a month, than i could get by going directly to Hibernian..

Hello there,

I am delighted that so far my mortage broker has done a great job, starting from making my application. I strongly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a mortgage.

Regards,

Pint6

Ravima said:

Not all brokers charge a fee, and they will get you the same rates etc that you will be offered, and you can then let them do the running around for you, at no additional cost to you.

I got quotes via Prima. Subsequently changed property and LoanToValue. Prima renegotiated even more favourable rates. I subsequently had problems with both a purchase and a sale and ended up negotiating directly with the bank for final deal. Bank still paid Prima their fee as payback for the referral, and I got a kickback from Prima towards legal costs (homebuyhomesell) which had also been pre-arranged.

One could argue that I could have negotiated even more favourable rate by keeping Prima out of the loop, but I have yet to hear about a better deal than mine, even excluding the kickback.

More to the point, service level excellent and even after a 3-month gap, when I rang back, the guy not alone recognised my name but could remember the details of the case. Amazing stuff. I couldn't recommend them highly enough, and have no connection other than to have done business with them once.

Back