Very handy site for checking the history of a car

DOBBER22

Got this sent to me this morning have to say it's a very handy tool for checking the history of a second hand car you are thinking of purchasing.
The report will tell you if the car was ever used as a taxi or written off, or even if there is outstanding finance owed.

http://www.cartell.ie/

Good Luck ;)

Dobber

Looks like it could be very useful.

Where are they getting the info I wonder?

Gov, Insurance, NCT

i put in my reg and it says vehicle not found am i doing something wrong

swf said:
i put in my reg and it says vehicle not found am i doing something wrong

Try entering the reg. # without spaces ( if you are not already doing this)

wow,

that's a good site. I've just discovered that my red car is grey.:D But seriously it's a worthwhile site. Thanks Dobber

Justsally

brillant site - i did a check on a car i was about to purchase in donnybrook and it state sclearly its an import!!!!!!!! - what a liar

thank you for the address

swf said:
brillant site - i did a check on a car i was about to purchase in donnybrook and it state sclearly its an import!!!!!!!! - what a liar

thank you for the address

Not a bother :)

Currently shopping for second hand car. Run a search in cartell.ie before heading down for a test drive and a chat with dear salesman today...
Dear saleman sore the car had only one owner... True, but he "forgot" to mention that the car has been used as demo car for 6 months prior to that. Thanks carttell.ie and .... DOBBER.

bond-007 said:
It's now €25 to run a basic check. A bit expensive imho.

E25 isn't much if it saves you from buying a lemon of a car or even buying a good car with thousands stilled owed to the bank on it and they come to reclaim it.

The site is mentioned in today's Irish Times.

€25 seems reasonable to me-if this reveals how many owners, whether it has been resprayed etc. The finance check is really only worthwhile if you are buying for cash as any lender would check this themselves.

Does anyone know where the background information comes from ? There is potentially a lot of valuable data there, but where has it come from ? I had a look at the 'about' sections but didn't see any reference to where it came from.

z

zag said:
Does anyone know where the background information comes from ? There is potentially a lot of valuable data there, but where has it come from ? I had a look at the 'about' sections but didn't see any reference to where it came from.

z

Found this on the site:
"Cartell works closely with the Government, and other sectors to bring to light any recorded history on a vehicle."

Most likely they are hooked into whatever online service the government uses :cool:

From the Irish Times Motoring today:

As a result, in 2002, they approached the relevant government departments and other agancies in an attempt to bring the service to fruition

In my opinion the site is cra*, My wife's car details are about 3 years and 2 owners out of date

bertson said:
In my opinion the site is cra*, My wife's car details are about 3 years and 2 owners out of date

Has a change of ownership been completed after each sale? If not then they won't know otherwise..

I think there might be some legal issues here with the DPA in how they are entitled to see such data.

Hmmm.....

I see that some of the information that they have on my car is incorrect

Ruff Ruff

Back