Estates in Maynooth

R

Rebel Spirit

Straffan Wood - Maynooth

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a house/apt in Straffan Wood, Maynooth. Does anyone live in the are already and if so can you give me some general information on the area good or bad. Also what is the trains system like into Dublin??
Albany Group are the developers. Does anyone know anything about them.

Thanks

Hi,
I know Straffan Wood. We looked at the showhouse there recently. It's a really good area and very lively as it's a university town. We live in Celbridge but go out in Maynooth
quite alot as the pubs are great. The one thing you will find as well is that you will build up quite alot of equity on the property as new houses and second hand are sought after as it is not a really big area like Swords and other areas. We bought a new house in Celbridge three years ago and mad a
huge profit after a year and sold it to buy a bigger house.

Hi,

Thanks for all the information. Really appreciate it.

Thanks again.

Re: Old Greenfield in Maynooth

Old Greenfield is fine, as far down as the green on the left. Its kinda council housing down there but from there up the road to the main road is fine. Good location. Close to the train station.

Old Greenfield meh, full of local yokels and not very nice ones at that. Most estates in maynooth have some houses rented to students. carton court, rockfield lawerence avenue are all good

There seems to be a few unhappy people with Straffan Wood at the moment on the Development in Maynooth forum at www.maynooth.org

Is this the standard with most new developments?

I am also thinking of buying in maynooth what are the best estates and does anyone know anything about moyglare hall?

the second phase of Moyglare hall is being released end Feb beginning of March, no word on prices yet, apparently 4 bed semis were 370k for phase one. Coonan's are handling the sales

the 3 bed town houses in Griffin Rath Manor went for 300k in the first phase they expect them to be aroubd the 310k mark in the next phase but they dont have exact figures yet. The 3 bed semis are 1600sq foot and were overr 400k i think in the last phase.

Coonans have told me that there are over 400 people registered for the 2nd phase and they think that the developer may only give them a handful of units

Old Greenfield meh, full of local yokels and not very nice ones at that. Most estates in maynooth have some houses rented to students. carton court, rockfield lawerence avenue are all good
i think that thjis remark is a total disgarce .. i myself used to live in old greenfield and it is a good estate and 90% of the people in there are good people there are a few that live there that give it a bad name.. but what estate doesnt have that.... greenfield is a good estate and i am hoping to move back there soon..

I see this is an old thread and at the time of posting people seemed to be happy with the Straffan Wood estate in Maynooth but two years on is the area still as good?

I'm thinking of buying a house there so any update would be great please.

I see this is an old thread and at the time of posting people seemed to be happy with the Straffan Wood estate in Maynooth but two years on is the area still as good?

I'm thinking of buying a house there so any update would be great please.

For your money, you can get much better quality housing in the town than in Straffan Wood. Just look at daft.ie and install an application called the propertybee (http://www.property-bee.com/) on Firefox to keep track of changing prices.

The phrase "no room to swing a cat" is the one most often used when describing rooms in this estate. It really is one of the ugliest estates in Maynooth IMHO and typical of the awful residential construction developments allowed in this country in this decade.

Thanks Ixus for replying. Since my last post I drove up to the estate and couldn't believe how on top of one another the houses actually were - so definitely a no, no. I also went to Beaufield, Meadowbrook, Rail Park and College Green and wasn't impressed with any of them. I think I'll leave well enough alone for the time being.

Back