Tevion media player and problem with computer installation.

Sue Ellen

Moderator.
I treated myself to a Tevion media player for Christmas but as usual there is something wrong.

When I try to install it on the computer it is telling me that "it has not passed its Windows logo testing to verify its compatability with Windows XP" and to contact the vendor.

Has anyone else run into this problem as they seem to have sold quite well.

I particularly wanted to use it as it has the radio as well as compared to the iPod. I got browned off with the fiddly switches on the Cretive Zen.

Hi Sue Ellen, Happy New Year to ya.

Which one is it? (4GB/8GB? mp3/mp4? Is it [broken link removed] by any chance?) You may not need to actually install the supplied software, often Windows Media Player will pick it up as an external device and allow you to sync music files to it without further ado. For video playback, then you may need something more.

Hi Doc,

Happy New Year to you too.

Its actually this one [broken link removed] and daughter says its a pile of crap (not a Tevion fan by any means). Do you still think it will work?

Thanks,

S.E.

Update: Got it working following your instructions. Does your wife realise what a marvel you are. Thanks, S.E.

I never tire of pointing it out to her, Sue Ellen. ;)

Glad to hear the player is working, even if it is, like, OMG, soooo not an iPod!!!

Back