Reduced Working Hours

• Thread starter bartooseboy
  • Start date
B

bartooseboy

hi,

My working week is to be shortned to a 3 day week starting from next monday. I'm looking for advice on what social welfare benefits i may be entitled to for the days im off and also on mortgage relief and stuff like that. The days i'm working will vary from monday-wednesday or tuesday-thursday with the option of maybe working a saturday instead of a weekday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You can sign on for any dauys that you aare unemployed/not wroking. Sunday does not count for SW purposes. You must be unemployed for any 3 days in 6 for it to be an 'effective' day for SW paymt.

Be careful, you will only get pennies from for the two days from SW. Have you agreed yet to work 3 days/week?

I'm in the process of applying for Supplementary Welfare Allowance however you are only given assistance with the interest portion of the mortgage, not the actual mortgage. I think the maximum you can get is only €190.00 per month so it's not great. It's also means tested and, if you're only working 3 days a week you may not be entitled to it.

Back