Estimate for replacing roof on sunroom.

JD77

When I bought my house the previous owners had built on a sunroom but they have used a perspex roof and I want to replace this with a tile roof and put in a couple of velux windows......in the winter it is like an ice box and the rain hitting the perspex drives me mad so I want to replace the roof and add some insulation.

The room measures 10 ft 2 X 8 ft 4 and I was looking for a rough price to see if it was manageable for me financially and also any recommendations are greatfully accepted.

Re: Estimate for Roofing

Theres a company on Naas road at Bluebell that advertise those type conversons, a friend of mine used them and was very happy with the job. Irish Conservatorys and Decking Centre, I think thats the name.

Secman

Thanks secman but I am in Cork I am looking really just for rough costings as I have other jobs that will take priority but really would like to get this done. Have you any idea how much your friend paid, all I need done is to have roof put in place instead of the perspex.

I would say €2.5k for materials timber, is there lead work involved ie joining to existing house?

Velux windows €450 each

Labour Dayworks €650 a day two carpenters

Thanks Jollyman, it is currently connected to the back of my house off the kitchen so the roof would need to connect to the back of the house.

How many days would you think it would take 2 carpenters?

So the total cost would be about €3400 plus labour of €650 per day? Am I right with this?

You will have a bit of lead work too if thats the case, €600 for that and the price of the tiles €1,500 after that three days work would complete it! Then you will need a plasterer for the day to skim the ceiling €200

all in all €7,500 if you were to get it priced though it would probably be dearer!

Thats great thanks for that its good to have a rough idea of a price and what is involved. Lets me know where on the lists of jobs in order of priority it goes.

Thanks,

J

Hi,

I was investigating getting a sunroom recently and one very reputable company told me that far stronger foundations are needed if you put in a tiled roof because it is much heavier. They were talking about a quote of a few thousand dearer to compensate for this.

If your foundations are not strong enough you could also investigate getting the tile effect steel although I was not impressed with the look of it.

JD77 I got some work done to my sunroom recently involving stripping it out and putting in more insulation,changing the glass for triple glazing ,new floor ,new ceiling etc and used a guy living near me and have no complaints and all worked out ok.Can give you his number and see what he says.Im living in Cork by the way.Definitely ask about foundation

Thats great thanks for the tip on the floor i will get that looked into.......if you could PM me that number it would be great cheers.

Back