• Start date
Y

Yoshi_Toshi

Hi,

Has anyone seen this development yet?
What did you think?
Any idea on prices / completion time?

Cheers,

prices are starting at 349,950 to 465k for 3 beds..they are advertised o the back of the examiner last saturday.
if u go up for a look don't be fooled by the houses on the main part of the road..the main batch of houses will be up a side road behind the matthew hill houses..
Ruden do build a good house,with a good finish and i hope they will be putting in some facilities up there as otherwise u will be in the car half your life.
also the roads up from togher and the link road are rubbish and will definately need some upgrading..
it is a nice location..

I lived in Matthew Hill area for a while and the noise from planes approaching the airport was a problem. You would not want to be a light sleeper.

i also lived in Fernwood crescent for 3 years and the planes were closer than in Matthew hill (just a few inches closer) but after a short while u get used to it..i must say the builder does have a good finish on the houses

was up there at the weekend....looks very nice

No show house....they are selling very fast tho

Agree with Eliza nothing much moving on that side of the city

Just a bit of advice for people who are going to buy off Ruden Homes. Bought one of their townhouses 12 months ago and we've had nothing but trouble with it. Slates fell off the roof last summer (during good weather) and was told by the builder that it was our problem. After my partner hounded the builder for a few weeks he finally fixed them. The doors don't fit into the doorframes. When they do close there is about an inch of a gap between the door and the frame. Was told this was settlement which is bull. Was left without heating as the boiler stopped working 1 month after we moved in. Took them nearly another month to get it sorted. We can hear our neighbours 2 door down which can be a big of a pain if they are having a few friends around late at night. Our back door has to be lifted if we want to close it as it is about to fall off. Asked Ruden Homes to fix this and they have refused claim it's fine. And the latest is now we have decided to repaint and so far the plaster has fallen off the walls in 3 rooms do to poor workmanship. Would you really spend €400K upwards on a house like this????

the examiner advertised these last few weeks and this week i noticed that it says there is an agent on site

tigra.. that sounds like a total mess.i have been in a few of these over the years and to be honest i thought the finish was good but i have never bought or lived in one..i wouldn't spen 400k on a house like that

went to see these yesterday.. you can view a few types. no showhouse ie fitted out showhouse but u can look inside a few types with bare walls..
the 2 builders were there themselves along with 2 or 3 auctioneers..
very helpful. we were looking at the 5 bed detached and the auctioneer said the builders are listening to offers for those houses so the price is not set in stone..but the price for these was 650+ depending on the one you wanted with a corner house being about 665k euros.
the whole site will take about 7 years to complete with them being a year in already. plans look good and they have 2 estates currently manor farm and another just up the road not released yet but you can see the houses being built and they are also on the brochure

Anyone looking at this development should be looking at Tigra's post very very carefully....

A poorly build / snagged house will wreck your head. Big time.

BM

Thanks brian.mobile,

I know in my heart I will never buy from Ruden homes again. I only wish I could show people what I have gone through.

To update people on my falling walls they did come and rip downs the walls for me and redo them leaving my house looking like a building site. I have plaster stuck to my carpets, wardrobes, beds and windows and I'm not sure what kind of plaster they have used but I have washed everything 4 days in a row now and it's not coming off. Myself and my partner feel our house would be worth more if we put a match to it!!!!

Also I work in an office that, lets say helps developers along in their everyday life and the word is that Ruden Homes have now handed back land to whoever they bought it from as the houses are not selling. Not sure home much land has been given back but i'll try my best to find out.

In the mean time people you have been warned.

Tigra

Sorry to hear about your problems....
Is there other people in your area having the same problems?
Were you happy with your snag list?

tigra,have you tried the homebond and your house insurance.. i have been in a few developments by Ruden and always liked them i did notice a few things wrong in the manor farm house i saw but when i pointed them out was told they would be rectified..

I feel it's only right that I update everyone on what has happened since. The plaster fell off the walls yet again!!!!!
Got on to Ruden Homes-boss man himself came out. Had someone out the following day to rip off the plaster again and redo them. This was done last week and the wall is still standing!!!!!
Got a call the following day to asked us when the plaster is fully dry that they will be back to paint. I nearly fell over.........but I still would never buy a house from that developer again.

Sorry to hear about your problems.... I bought a house from Ruden Homes just over a year ago, have had no problems, i thought they were very good to deal with, i had a few items outstanding on my snag list and they were sorted in a matter of days. Overall i thought they were very professional in the way they handled my sale.

Back