tallaght driving test route

positivenote

Alright folkes, just wondering if there was anywhere that i could get hold of the test route in tallaght without forking out more money. If anyone knows please let me know as i have my test thursday forthnight and want to go around the route a few times beforehand
thanks

No experience of Tallaght, but most areas have multiple possible routes. Certain places where specific elements are done (hill start, three point turn, reversing around a corner) and other areas to include other specific tasks (dealing with yield/stop/etc signs) to test your overall skills.

Most people pick up the routes from driving instructors or friends who've also been preparing for the test. I know that Irish Motoring do a [broken link removed], but its certainly not free. Can't say I know of anyone who offers the information for free.

Hi,

You could try,

FOI Liaison Officer,
Transport House
Dublin 2.

Request the test routes under the "Freedom of Information Act" 1997 and 2003

However, really should should take a few lessons

thanks lads, any driving instructors that you can recomend in tallaght, i reckon i should get a pre test asap...

i would recommend inchicore school of motoring. woman who runs it is namely sheila and she knows all the routes. myself, my bro and 2 sisters took lessons and pre test off her and all passed first time sitting test.

ph no is 01 4539851

ISM (Irish school of motoring) have always been good in my experience.

My brother passed first time using an ISM instructor in North Dublin and I passed first time using one in the west of the country. The customer service (passing of unused lessons etc.) was also top notch with extremely helpful staff always available.

Not too much use though as I can't suggest a specific instructor in the area. (I'm sure they may have poor staff as well as the excellent ones I encountered)

There are six test routes in Tallaght. Some are more difficult than others. Would really recommend a couple of pre tests at least, I used Frank Cummins based in Old Bawn/Firhouse area for mine - 087 2843301, found him excellent.

thanks one and all, i've organised a pretest with frank cummings on thursday as alot of people on here recomend him...
thanks again, i'll let you all know how i get on;)

Back